Executive leadership of the TECHO US Office and the strategy defined by the Board of Directors. Responsible for leading the team in the fulfillment of its goals, ensure the social impact, guaranteeing the financial sustainability of the organization in the short and long term, and the correct positioning of TECHO’s mission on behalf of its main allies and stakeholders.
- Develop strategies to expand TECHO’s fundraising capabilities and communicational opportunities.
- Ensure the efficient management of financial and physical resources of the organization.
- Align both the Development and Communication strategies to achieve objectives.
- Expand TECHO’s network within Miami, New York and future cities.
- Diversify sources of income in order to enhance TECHO`s operations.
- Develop innovative “products” to continue engaging companies, media and individuals to TECHO´s work.
- Manage the relationship with TECHO`s Fundraising Chapters.
- Maximize abilities and talent of the team, aiming to continuous improvement and the promotion of new leaderships
- Link between TECHO Headquarters (Santiago, Chile) and the US Board of Directors in strategic, administrative and operational matters. Provide information and data analysis for decision making.
- Promote documentation, registration information and the creation of institutional documents
- Ensure processes development and decision making for the correct performance of the office for internal and external stakeholders.
- Representative of the organization for suppliers: accounting, legal and communication external assistance.
- Assume responsibility the management of the property and assets of the organization.
- Ensure the reporting of tax matters, licenses and relationships with donors.
- Facilitate connections and collaboration amongst TECHO operations in Latin America.
- Develop a deeper level of engagement with existing allies and donors, while also recruiting new partners to TECHO’s network.
Competencies and Skills:
- Interest and motivation for TECHO’s main purpose: work with families living in extreme poverty.
- Represents the spirit of TECHO: hard working, focused on social issues, and an ability to deliver results.
- Experience leading teams and ability to transmit passion, organization, planning and motivation to them. Leadership based on 2 key components of rigor and charisma. TECHO is a youth organization, so leadership style is crucial from its formative perspective and the promotion of new leaderships for the organization
- Have 7-10 years’ experience in partnership development, strategic and operational planning, project management and/or stakeholder management.
- Have significant fundraising (or sales) experience.
- Have significant experience and appreciation for the complexities of network building.
- Be comfortable meeting with senior level government officials and high level donors.
- Have an existing track record in developing and managing operations for a local non-profit or small business.
- Public speaking for presentations and conferences and great management of public relations.
- Proactivity required in finding and implementing new opportunities.
- Highly proactive and entrepreneurial. Thrive in a young/startup mindset environment, where the results depend on proactivity and leadership to make things happen
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Candidates with prior experience at TECHO or other volunteer-based organizations are desirable.
- Creativity and innovation valued.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Availability to work on weekends.
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time within the region and internationally.
- Experience in management and control of organizational budgets.
- Global mindset: Ability to work with different cultures of TECHO local operations within the region.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
TECHO Core Values:
- Solidarity: We are moved by injustices and inequalities. As a result, we act in procurement of the common good.
- Conviction: We are certain that we will improve society.
- Diversity: We enrich our work through collaboration among diverse individuals.
- Optimism: We are creative and proactive in the development of solutions, working with a propositive attitude.
- Excellence: We perform quality work and strive for continuous improvement.
Motivations and relevant interests for our team:
- Community Development.
- Network Collaboration.
What we offer?
We invite you to lead the operation of one of the most successful Non-Profit organizations working with families in extreme poverty in Latin America.
Relevant details before applying for this vacancy:
- TECHO is a youth organization with main operation in Latin America, so your capacity to deal and collaborate with young professionals and volunteers form different cultures is a key factor for your application.
- You need to have a working visa in the United States available to apply for this vacancy
- The role will be based in Miami or New York.
- Availability: Immediately.
- Commitment of 3 years minimum.
- Health insurance.
- Retirement plan.
- Life and long term disability insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required