District of Columbia
The National Center for Victims of Crime, the nation's leading resource and advocacy organization for crime victims and those who serve them, is hiring a Production Manager. This position will work across National Center programs and will be a part of the Communications Team.
This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate across multiple departments and personalities. The Production Manager will work closely with both internal and external partners to define and coordinate on deliverables in order to maximize production capabilities and deliver error free and on time results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and maintain a disciplined production schedule to ensure our high-volume workflow meets the deadlines
and expectations of our projects
· Responsible for planning and ensuring accurate and timely delivery of both print and electronic materials for the
· Assess project and resource requirements
· Coordinating all stages of production (vendor selection, artwork, copy, print proofs, etc. to ensure timely delivery
within estimated budget
· Supporting the billing process by facilitating and finalizing costs/invoices for each project
· Following detailed instructions and protocols outlined by the Department of Justice and other funders
· Set job specific priorities in keeping with deadlines and client needs
· Maintain reports, schedules, timelines and due dates
· Prioritize and triage all production requests/needs for the organization
· Supervise communications team members
· Strong organization and communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and show dependability in a fast-paced environment
· Proactive approach to work and projects
· Excellent copy-editor
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing deadlines
· Willingness to learn and grow professionally
· Experience with logistics, scheduling, and workflow management
· Previous supervisory experience required
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, team-centric environment is essential for success in this role
· Experience working with a nonprofit or mission-oriented agency
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems calmly under pressure
· Proficiency with both Windows and Apple Macs systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience
with or exposure to Adobe Creative Suite, and project management tools
The National Center offers an excellent benefits package including; health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with match, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid vacation and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate must be able to read, write, and communication orally fluently in English. Multi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required