138 South Pine Street
The James A. Michener Art Museum, a private non-profit organization with a $3 million operating budget seeks a full-time Associate Director of Marketing & Public Relations.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the Associate Director of Marketing & Public Relations will develop, manage, and maintain an integrated multi-platform marketing and communications program to advance the Museum’s institutional brand and position within the cultural sector. The successful candidate will promote the Museum’s collections, exhibitions, programs, and special initiatives, as well as work to grow the institution’s overall audience attendance and visibility within the wider community. The position will directly supervise the Website and Data Manager, and the Marketing Coordinator and while working closely with senior staff to ensure that all marketing materials are produced in an efficient, accurate, and compelling manner.
- Function as an institutional spokesperson and representative of the Michener’s mission
- Serve as the Museum’s representative and primary contact for the media; establish and maintain relationships with local, regional, and national media; write and distribute press releases; pitch stories to media
- Manage media coverage, interviews, features, photography, film shoots, videotaping, and media events
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy for the Museum, and oversee the efforts of the Marketing team in developing original content for all media channels including website, social media, print materials, etc.
- Develop and oversee implementation of a broad advertising strategy, including successful promotions to a variety of different market segments through social media, direct mail, advertising placement and public relations efforts
- Oversee the production and distribution of all marketing materials including print materials, press releases, advertisements, digital content, blog posts, eblasts, etc.
- Establish and maintain community partnerships and contacts within the tourism industry
- Collect and analyze market research and audience demographics to gauge effectiveness of marketing communication efforts
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 5 to 7 years related experience and demonstrated working knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing and promotions
- Extensive experience writing and editing copy
- Ability to initiate, execute and manage cohesive ad campaigns and related promotional efforts
- Solid working knowledge of social media in all of its forms as well as its trends and opportunities
- Must have knowledge of local and regional media outlets with particular attention to the tri-state area
- Must be an organized independent worker, creative thinker, and energetic team player with an ability to prioritize
- Museum or nonprofit experience strongly preferred
This is a full-time position with benefits and a competitive non-profit salary. EOE.
Salary range is based on qualifications and experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to Rebecca Rosen, at email@example.com or mail to James A. Michener Art Museum, Attn: Rebecca Rosen, 138 South Pine Street, Doylestown, PA 18901. No phone calls, please.