487 Hudson Street
Reporting directly to the Development and Outreach Manager, under the broader oversight of the member of the clergy team charged with community outreach, the Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Art & Acceptance, a Saturday evening safe space and drop-in center for homeless and marginally housed LGBTQ+ youth between the ages of 16 and 24. The program provides dinner, a donation-based free shop featuring necessary clothing and toiletries, referrals for social, medical and legal services, and programming surrounding the arts and creative expression. While sponsored by The Church of St. Luke in the Fields, Art and Acceptance is run as a secular, non-sectarian space safe for those of all faiths and none. The position requires a Saturday shift from approximately 6:00 to 9:30 PM, and occasional email correspondence.
- Supervise, support, and evaluate two program staff
- Oversee and support volunteer placement
- Ensure safety and stability of program with assistance of security staff
- Participate in the fine-tuning and implementation of written program policies and practices, including safety measures and conflict resolution, to support the program and mitigate risk
- Deliver a high-quality program and strive for ways to make improvements, particularly surrounding strong program attendance
- Interact and work collaboratively with community partners during program hours (e.g., pro bono lawyers and monthly mobile medical clinic)
- Monitor and assess youth participation
- Regularly provide insight and update team on program status
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, a clear, empathetic communicator and collaborative leader, and a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong preference given to those with Social Work background, particularly those with program management and casework experience
- Experience working with at-risk youth and a harm reduction model, cultural sensitivity to the LGBTQ+ community, and clear drive surrounding the program’s mission
It is the policy of The Church of St. Luke In The Fields to recruit, hire, train, and promote lay employees without discrimination because of race, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, conviction or arrest record.
Minimum Education Required