942 Calle Negocio
The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit grassroots organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans, waves and beaches. Founded in 1984 by a handful of visionary surfers in Malibu, California, the Surfrider Foundation now maintains over 500,000 supporters, 84 chapters, and 50+ youth clubs nationwide.
The Surfrider Foundation is currently seeking qualified candidates for a position as our Development Associate. This position reports to the Director of Development and provides support for major gifts, grants, two annual national events, as well as numerous salon events throughout the year. The Development Associate is also responsible for assisting with research and general assistance to the Director of Development and the Chief Executive Officer.
· Provide necessary logistic and administrative support, including responding to general
requests, organizing and preparing materials and mailings.
· Maintain records of Major Gifts
· Assist Director of Development with day-to-day department operations
· Update and manage donor database (Salesforce)
· Conduct prospective donor and foundation research
· Proofread grant proposals and donor reports
· Oversee completion of administrative duties
· Timely administration of donor acknowledgments
· Create program/event invitations and track RSVPs using Salesforce CRM/comparable software
· Coordinate program/event follow up
· Assist and work with event producers
· Lead the coordination and facilitation of two national-scale events
· Additional duties and miscellaneous assignments as needed
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 3+ years of experience in development-related field or event planning/execution
(or equivalent combination of education and experience).
· Outstanding organization, prioritization and planning skills
· Works well both independently and as part of a team
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Strong attention to detail and ability to present and implement ideas clearly and effectively.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
· Familiarity with Adobe CS / CC is a plus
· Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM is a plus
· Comfortable working on MAC platform
Medical, dental and vision coverage monthly premiums covered by Surfrider Foundation, Long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401(k) plan with partial employer matching, paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Surfrider Foundation offers a salary that is competitive with other national, not-for-profit conservation organizations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Deadline for receiving resumes: 2/28/18.
Earlier submissions are strongly encouraged.
Phone calls & walk-ins will not be accepted – thank you for your understanding.
The Surfrider Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under law.