2445 3rd Avenue South
You can have a profound impact on the lives of Seattle's students by joining the Seattle Public Schools Communications Team as a Communications Specialist. You will:
Develop communication strategies and tactics for appropriate internal and external audiences to enhance the District's culture, transparency and accountability. Disseminate relevant information to teachers, principals, families and the community through a variety of channels. Create communications about work-related curriculum and instruction, from top-level District initiatives to examples of excellence in individual classrooms. Facilitate communication to inform and engage audiences in two-way communication and dialogue. Specifically:
- Develops and executes strategic communications for internal and external audiences, including writing and developing information, website stories, notifications and messages to build a culture of trust and transparency.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining relevant District web sites and timely updates on developing issues.
- Researches, writes and edits content creation and postings, including homepage, social media stories, press releases, letters and announcements, meeting materials, presentations and school messenger scripts.
- Gathers information and content from schools, departments and other sources for development and execution of regular external communications such as District newsletter, social media posts, school board briefings, et al.
- Creates internal communications for teachers and principals on District initiatives, mandates and training opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and executing multi-media communications products and social media content including, but not limited to creating content, videos and graphics to support communications messages.
- Provides communications support as requested to other departments and partners to ensure communication is strategic, clear, accurate, reliable, relevant and timely.
- Maintains excellent relations with the School Board and its members; keeps the Board informed and provides talking points, as needed.
- Responds to media and community requests as appropriate.
- Responds as part of a team to District-wide incidents and crisis situations, as needed.
This position is eligible for District benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending plans. Information regarding benefits is available on the Benefits Website at www.ourpasswordpage.com (password is "sps") or by calling the Benefits Helpline at (206) 957-7066.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This position will be posted until filled, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply as soon as possible for consideration.