977 Fox Street
Classical Charter Schools is a National Blue Ribbon Award-winning network of charter schools located in the South Bronx. Though our neighborhoods are historically under-served, we provide a world-class, well-rounded education to our scholars through a classical curriculum that includes art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
The ClassiCorps Teaching Fellowship is our selective program for recent college graduates of all backgrounds with an interest in education or social justice. ClassiCorps teachers work for three years as fully-salaried teachers, simultaneously earning their Master’s in Teaching—paid for by Classical Charter School.
ClassiCorps teachers are full-time faculty members, and share our undying commitment to maximizing student achievement. Our teachers have a razor-sharp focus on the school’s mission and the drive to meet their key responsibilities:
- Leading all scholars to gap-closing educational gains. Scholars must achieve mastery and advanced mastery of grade-level Common Core State Standards to succeed through college.
- Establishing and maintaining a highly ordered classroom culture where scholars and staff demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship.
ClassiCorps Teachers receive:
- Summer teaching preparation—observing, attending sessions, and leading instruction during Summer Learning Academy.
- Intensive coaching, including observations and debriefs with Instructional Coaches twice per week during all three years.
- A Masters’ in Teaching—paid for by Classical Charter Schools—completed during the first two years.
- Full salary and benefits, starting at $54,000 per year, and rising to $70,000 after their Master’s in Teaching is completed.
All while working to provide a world-class education for students in the South Bronx.
The ClassiCorps Teaching Fellowship begins in June of 2019, with some flexibility for June graduates. Successful ClassiCorps teachers are encouraged, but not required, to continue their work with Classical Charter Schools beyond the three-year commitment.
- Bachelor’s degree (Minimum GPA: 3.0)
- Alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Excellent work ethic and maturity
- A history of driving ambitious results
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Master's degree paid for by Classical
Minimum Education Required