Details: Compensation includes competitive salary and benefits package as defined by the staff union.
University Professional &Technical Employees
CWA Local 9119
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (Organizer)
(Los Angeles - UCLA)
UPTE, CWA Local 9119 is a member run, statewide union representing 16,000 University of California technical, research, and health care professionals.
- Trains members to plan, lead and conduct organizing, political, legislative, and issue-oriented activities;
- Work collaboratively with local and systemwide officers and directors in proposing and implementing innovative ideas to achieve the campaign's goals;
- Help to develop and deliver formal and informal education programs to train stewards and worksite leaders;
- Demonstrates proficiency in all elements of organizing through leadership development and mentoring instead of assuming primary responsibility for success.
Skills and knowledge required:
- 3-5 years prior labor organizing experience particularly in the area of committee development;
- Potential applicants should have demonstrated success in member-based field organizing and mobilization.
- In-depth understanding of the laws, workplace rules, contracts and trends related to organizing and representing higher education employees in California;
- Some investigative research experience, including industry, or issue research preferred;
- Post-secondary education and/or work experience demonstrating strong strategic and analytical abilities;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
- Strong strategy and analytic skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications
- Valid automobile driver's license, travel, temporary assignments and extended work hours are required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, a cover letter, and three professional references (Current or former supervisors preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.