Details: Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
3160 De La Cruz Blvd.
CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is recruiting for an experienced and accomplished candidate for its newly created Campaign Manager position. The ideal candidate for this role should have at minimum five years of non-profit, campaign, or community organizing experience focused on building power in communities, using multiple strategies, with a focus on challenging racism and inequity. The position will oversee the organization’s outreach and government relations work, bridge issues across our legal services and programs work, and report to the Executive Director.
Specifically, the Campaign Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Leading CAIR-SFBA’s Voter Mobilization efforts, including voter registration, education, and communication
- Leading efforts to engage Bay Area Muslims in policy advocacy through online and in-person efforts
- Overseeing and participating in efforts to build relationships with local, state, and federal elected officials
- Developing and executing plans for purposeful community outreach, using both online and in-person strategies
- Identifying and building holistic and reciprocal relationships with new organizational partners
- Speaking at community and allied events about the importance of community engagement and the fight for civil rights
- Planning and implementing social media campaigns related to CAIR-SFBA’s advocacy, legal services, and fundraising efforts
- Directing and coordinating the work of CAIR-SFBA Government Relations and Outreach staff
- Leading internal educational efforts on CAIR-SFBA’s advocacy and legislative priorities
- Working with the Executive Director to develop campaigns which cut across CAIR’s various work areas and strategies
- Review and make recommendations about new internal and external campaigns and/or partnership requests to ensure feedback is elicited from relevant stakeholders and decisions align with organizational capacity and focus
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
- Five years of non-profit, campaign, or community organizing experience focused on building power in communities, using multiple strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Experience developing and executing advocacy strategies to transform policies and public systems
- Demonstrated track record of successful project and staff management
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality work product on a consistent, reliable basis in a fast-paced work environment with ambitious goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work with diverse communities, leaders, and staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take on responsibilities independently with only general supervision
- Ability to multi-task under deadlines and work well under pressure
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout the greater Bay Area. Must also be able to travel nationally, statewide and/or locally on occasion
- Basic computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud and customer relations applications such as Network for Good, Office365, and social media applications
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi or Urdu (preferred)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & LOCATION
The Campaigns & Community Engagement Manager will be based in CAIR’s Santa Clara office and report to the Executive Director.
Full-time with occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, pension matching program, holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief writing sample, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Campaigns & Community Engagement Manager”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by October 31, 2018.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.