The Social Call Program Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day activities of Social Call and outreach for Well Connected, with a current emphasis on Marin & Sonoma Counties and future growth in Santa Clara & Monterey Counties. Social Call and Well Connected are programs of Covia Community Services.
Social Call provides adults 60 and older an opportunity to meet with a volunteer in person or on the phone for a regular visit. Well Connected connects and engages older adults with virtual conversations, classes, support groups, lectures, and presentations by phone.
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, placing, and supervising volunteers for Social Call.
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers and participants for Well Connected.
- Develop and maintains partnerships with internal Senior Resource Directors and external agencies to facilitate referrals and support participants.
- Support participant needs via an initial home visit, volunteer placement, and referrals to appropriate resources.
- Conduct regular volunteer trainings and support opportunities.
- Meets with the Associate Director on a regular basis to discuss progress, issues, and future plans.
- Outreach through community events, presentations, and online postings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to play a leadership role in program development and growth.
- Ability to work in an independent work environment while maintaining collaborative connections.
- Must be creative and an innovative thinker with entrepreneurial drive.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, general comfort with online databases and platforms.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, clean DMV record, and the ability to travel regularly through the San Francisco Bay Area (500+ miles/month).
- Work location will be a mixture of remote work and work within an office setting.
- Bi-lingual candidates highly desirable.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Education and Qualifications
- At least two years of experience recruiting and working with volunteers and older adults.
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA,Life Ins, 403(b) with match, PTO, Company Discounts.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual skills desirable. English, Spanish, Mandarin, Chinese, Korean, Cantonese.
Minimum Education Required