237 South Desplaines Street
Director of Expansion
The Implementation Manager leads the “living out and learning about” aspects of Cara’s expansion strategy. “Living out” refers to the instructional guide design, training facilitation and onboarding of Cara’s future affiliate partners – ensuring they have the proper playbooks and robust onboarding and training to execute Cara’s Method in new markets around the country. “Learning about” refers to the content curation and development, launch, facilitation and sustaining of Cara’s to-be-formed Institute – a suite of in-person bootcamps and on-line trainings designed for practitioners who are palpably curious about workforce and want to learn foundational practices to connect people to gainful employment.
The combination of these two populations form what we are calling the Cara Collective – a constellation of practitioners engaged to build, deploy and develop strong workforce solutions so that our most vulnerable have the access and opportunity to get back to work.
Codification of practices and trainings
· Codification of staff roles, practices and playbooks + training curricula for our core curriculum
· Innovative solution-making to effectively share these tools out to affiliates and Institute members to ensure long- term adoption and sustainability
· Intimate understanding of affiliate service delivery model to ensure the integration of the Cara Method is sound and seamless
· Development of new curricula based on unique demands of affiliate and Institute population
Coaching and technical support for affiliate partners
· Trusted reputation as implementation lead for training the Cara Method to affiliates, up through launch and the years beyond
· Timely and effective onboarding and training to ensure on-time launch of affiliate
· Not just baseline comprehension, but practical adoption of the Cara Method by new hires within affiliate
· Nourished, long term partnerships based on creative problem-solving, clear communication, and thought partnership
· Model fidelity honored by each affiliate at annual reviews, driven by quality of data collection and authentic feedback
Better and best practice development
· Increase in affiliate outcomes in 1st jobs and placements increase year over year
· Informed decision making due to evolving points of view on what works, industry trends and market externalities
· Curation of content (successful interventions and insights from failures) on our technology platform for the Cara Collective to elevate overall impact
· You are fired up by the mission and values of Cara.
· You have successfully led and conducted training efforts for colleagues in your industry. You have both a commanding and accessible presence inside a classroom.
· You have project management experience and a track record of completing projects on time and on budget.
· You have a sense of possibility and see roadblocks as a challenge, not a dead-end.
· Your diagnostic and communication skills are off the charts – and you can anticipate, interpret, convey and overcome potential points of friction.
· You are equal parts student and teacher and have a growth mindset towards learning.
· You can make calls in the moment – and with multiple data points and in the face of potentially thorny problems, you can arrive at sound decisions that propel forward movement.
· You are an empathic team builder with experience on diverse teams.
· You connect with people of all walks in life and at all levels in a hierarchy and easily build trust.
· You have a thorough understanding of differentiated instruction in adult learning and of socio-emotional skills.
· You are energized by the thought of working in a start-up, yet within a well-established organization.
· You have a solid educational foundation – undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
To apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cara is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required