3101 Kingsbridge Terrace
Position: Group Leaders across KHCC Youth Programs
Reports to: KHCC Youth Services Program Directors/Varies by site
Status: Part-time Hourly/Non-Exempt
KHCC is seeking Group Leaders for various of their center and school based after school programs for children K-12. Group Leaders across settings work under the supervision of Program Directors. Their primary responsibility is leading activities, and supervising/engaging with youth participants. Group leaders are the heart of the youth program staffing teams in all daily activities. The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the duties listed in the job description below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in recruitment, orientation, and retention of program participants
- Lead a group of 15-30 students from k-12 grades through a full schedule of after school programming (varies by site 2-5 days per week)
- Provide a positive, safe, fun and memorable quality experience to all participants and families involved in the program.
- Plan and implement age appropriate and creative activities across the areas of STEM, Literacy, Arts, Leadership, and Recreation.
- Work with Education Specialist and other staff to develop theme based hands-on lesson plans and project based activities
- Apply positive youth development principles, age appropriate behavioral intervention, and conflict resolution skills when appropriate.
- Assist program participants with homework assignments, and connect struggling students with individual volunteer tutors
- Assist and supervise participants during snack and meals, and other unstructured social and recreation times, including off-site trips and events
- Supervise volunteers assigned to work with your group/participants.
- Attend weekly all staff meetings, orientation, and training as scheduled
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor/s
Kingsbridge Heights Community Center reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the job duties.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus (for communicating with parents)
- Schedule varies from 2:30-7:30 in some locations, to 3-6 or 4-7:30 in other locations. Elementary/Middle school programs are 5 days per week/High school programs are 2-3 days per week.
- Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Access and/or Excel database programs
- Minimum two years of experience with youth and families in busy community based settings, such as After School and Summer Camp preferred
- Creative, engaging, and proactive approach with young people and their families
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required