At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Have you used your skills in research, data analysis, and advocacy to generate system-wide change? If so, you may be our next Program Officer.
As the Program Officer reporting to the Senior Government Engagement & Policy Officer, you will work alongside the Health Investment & Policy team to support a multi-country initiative aimed at understanding how community health programs advocate for and execute policy changes by conducting research and scientific evidence of community health programming and strategically packaging learning into accessible tools for policymakers.
What You'll Do
- Conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis to support the design and evaluation of community health programming and communicate these findings through the development of case studies and research assessments
- Coordinate and prepare graphics, tables, word documents and slide deck presentations informed by team priorities and strategies in advance of partner meetings
- Lead preparation for, participation in, and facilitation of inclusive discussions with colleagues and partners to build consensus
- Support Last Mile Health’s global advocacy efforts, including developing strategy, planning related to key events, and scoping of new geographies
- Be available to travel up to 30%
What You'll Bring
- Fluency in written and oral French
- An interest in continuing your work experience in management consulting, public policy, public sector financing, or public health
- Experience related to the evaluation of technical and design aspects of health financing and governance in the health sector
- Ability to diplomatically navigate complex partnerships, enthusiastically engage challenges, and achieve results and consensus with multiple influencers
- Project and time management in complex, dynamic work environments
- U.S. work authorization
You'll Impress Us If
- You have done this work alongside government counterparts or other policymakers, donors, and multi-lateral institutions with a focus on or working in low-resource settings
- You have a MPH or MPP
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Level of Language Proficiency
The candidate must be fluent in written and oral French and written and oral English.
Minimum Education Required