Collegiate and Community Partnership Coordinator
- Job posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay
75 Federal Street
So many great things are happening at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay, and we're looking for a talented, passionate individual to help us get our message out to the world! We are seeking an employee with a passion for marketing and communications, the nonprofit field and a desire to work for a mission that serves children to be our Collegiate & Community Partnership Coordinator. The right person will be an innovative relationship manager and drive the strategic growth of the agency through the ownership of collegiate volunteer recruitment and youth outreach efforts. We seek a self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage own performance effectively, plan and organize time and priorities to achieve results. The ideal individual has a demonstrated ability to get results, is ambitious and goal driven who thrives in a fast pace and deadline driven environment. This position is responsible for creating competitive and innovative referral and recruitment strategies and design evaluation systems, to build direct engagement of current volunteers in generating referrals and recruiting opportunities; prioritizes the frequent review of recruitment sources, channels and pipeline to ensure goals are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three years of success in recruitment and account management, with sales background preferred. Volunteer management, customer service, collegiate campaign experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the Greater Boston collegiate landscape, neighborhoods, and cultures. Existing network of community and collegiate relationships a plus.
- Effective and confident public speaker; proven ability to develop strong working relationships. Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Experience successfully working with and recruiting collegiate volunteers along with keen understanding of volunteer motivations, needs, and expectations strongly desired.
- Exceptional relationship management skills; ability to network and gain access to decision-makers; genuine listener; experience making cold calls and setting up appointments; consultative sales approach.
- Demonstrated consistent ability to identify, prospect, pursue, and close leads.
- Appreciation for ethnic, racial, and sexual diversity, strong cultural competence, and sensitivity in working with diverse populations.
- Mission motivated; high energy and drive; have entrepreneurial spirit and be opportunistic.
- Able to travel throughout the region when necessary. Must have access to reliable transportation to travel to areas that are not accessible by public transportation and valid driver's license. The positions require flexible daytime, evening, and some weekend hours.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package. BBBSMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Collegiate and Community Partnership Coordinator Search, at the agency’s Boston address or to email@example.com. Please place Collegiate and Community Partnership Coordinator and Idealist in the e-mail header. No phone calls, please.
We respect, appreciate and support diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and believe that our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. BBBSMB does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.