Requisition ID: req2388
Job Title: ERP Functional Lead for US Programs
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC has defined a new strategic mission and vision, along with information technology infrastructure and applications initiatives and key processes that will deliver to the strategic objectives.
The ERP Functional Lead for US Programs (USP) is responsiblefor representing the business interests of USPon the ERP project on a day-to-day basis. The role helps to lead business decision-making for ERP solution development and escalate to the USP Business Owner as appropriate. The lead controls the engagement and management of USP resources as they pertain to the ERP project. This is a challenging position which requires strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration across finance, supply chain and grant management areas at the IRC headquarters and at field level.
The role reports to the Senior Vice PresidentUSPwith day-to-day collaboration with the ERP Project Manager and other project team members. The position also requires close coordination with the extended core team and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) situated infield offices.
- Ensures Alignment of ERP Solution Design with Current and Planned USP Business Operational Needs:Collaborate with the project team and other USP stakeholders in formulating the design of the ERP solution to meet the objectives of USP. Help project management define project success criteria and key performance indicators (KPIs) that are relevant to USP.
- Establish Cross-Functional Project Stakeholder Touch PointsNeeded in the Design Phase from a USP Perspective:Responsible for establishing or extending relationships with global business teams across Finance, Supply Chain and Awards Management to transform process design into workable ERP configurations.
- Manage the Engagement of USP Business Resources and Efforts Required to Support the ERP Project in the Design and Deployment Phases:Coordinates how and when headquarter and field resources (Subject Matter Experts - SME's) are engaged on the project. Ensure appropriate business resources are engaged and working effectively with the team on the project.
- Supports the Creation, Review and Approval ofDetailed "To Be" Business Scenarios, Processes, Workflows and Use Cases required as Part of the Design Phase: Contributes to all design and review sessions to ensure alignment to defined requirements and future business processes and detailed workflows. Help to lead the effort to streamline future business processes and create business scenarios, use cases and other material needed to test the solution and train future system users.
- Participate in and Monitor the Evolving ERP Technical Solution Design and Development: Provides assurance that the technical solution design and development is evolving correctly to meet business needs and communicates with other major business stakeholders (SME's), involving them as needed and getting their agreement.
- Supervises USP's Participation in ERP Solution Testing and Quality Assurance: Organizes and controls USP's participation in the ERP testing process, e.g., User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Gets trained and also supports the Creation, Review and Approval of Business User Training and Support Documentation:Help to direct efforts to createbusiness user and support documentation for the ultimate solution.
- Coordinate Planning and Execution of ERP Solution Rollout and Support to USPField Sites: Works with the project team to ensurethe system is effectively rolled out globally and that the appropriate resources have been identified to support this effort. This includes travelling to field sites to help generate buy-in and active participation by office staff. Helps to ensure that USP staff are properly trained and supported in order to effectively adopt the new solution and business processes.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:SVP, USP
Position directly supervises:N/A
Indirect Reporting: ERP Business Owners for Finance, Supply Chain and Awards Management. Works in close collaboration with the ERP Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 7-10years of progressive experience at a large NGO
- Strong enterprise operational aptitude with the ability to lead discussions, articulating the business value of a technology solution
- Ability to develop strong, strategic partnerships with finance and operations staff to ensure that they are actively engaged in the project and committed to adopting the ERP solutions
- Understanding of the challenges related to implementing strategic and organizational change at a global level.Ability to execute plans and meet project objectives
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills, and ability to anticipate barriers and opportunities.
- Capability to manage multiple demands and to adapt to new challenges and shifting priorities
- Excellent writing, presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Standard office work environment
- Moderate travel as needed
Minimum Education Required