3900 Wildlife Way
The Cleveland Zoological Society, est. 1957, is the nonprofit partner and advocate for Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. The Zoo Society has the largest membership base in Northeast Ohio (42,500 households) and the Zoo annually serves 1.1 million visitors and is one of the top zoos in the nation. The organizations share a single mission: We create compelling experiences that connect people with wildlife and inspire personal responsibility for conserving the natural world.
This service-oriented role supplies the management, fundraising and membership teams with timely and relevant information and is a trusted resource for the entire organization. The Manager of Data & Analytics will provide guidance to staff on topics of maintaining data integrity and will be responsible for the accuracy of gift data, donor and prospect demographic data and relationships, analytical reports, donor recognition and mailing lists. They will work closely with the Zoo Society’s staff to use information in the database to recommend strategies that increase giving to and engagement with the Zoo Society. A key focus will be on applying data mining techniques and conducting statistical analyses to identify opportunities to increase annual revenue and maximize solicitation strategies.
- Position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database and reporting; expertise with query, reporting, importing and other advanced functions
- Experience with Access, Excel, SQL, data visualization tools, and quantitative analytics skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and to translate complex concepts to those with differing aptitudes
- Autonomous, detail oriented, adaptable, resourceful and capable of consistently producing polished and highly accurate work on tight deadlines
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee adherence to standard procedures for the staff including gift acknowledgements, list management and segmentation, and data storage guidelines
- Ensure accurate historical, biographical and contact data on donors and prospects
- Coordinate regularly scheduled data clean-up projects with the Database Associate
- Manage effective use of wealth screening and other research and data enhancement tools
- Develop and execute reports, dashboards, and visualizations that enable data-driven decision-making
- Generate routine fundraising and analytical reports, and ensure weekly and monthly reports are accurate, timely and produced in accordance with established guidelines; provide formal and informal reporting and systems training for staff
- Work with the Director of External Relations and the Director of Operations to identify targeted audiences for print and digital marketing efforts based on behavior patterns and demographics; and to identify audience conversion and growth opportunities based on digital engagement patterns
- Identify and recommend audience segments for use in donor acquisition, solicitation and stewardship activities and mailings
- Identify prospective donors and supply high-quality prospect profiles to development officers; work with development staff to track and monitor effectiveness of portfolios
- In tandem with the Assistant Manager of Member & Donor Services, oversee web-to-database integration of all programs, including ticketed events, online donations, memberships, point-of-sale, etc.
- Responsible for accurate custom list pulls for acquisition, renewal, upgrade mailings, invitations, etc.
- Events team member
health insurance, retirement plan, vacation days
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit electronic cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to Resume@ClevelandZooSociety.org or at ClevelandZooSociety.org by Monday, April 2, 2018. Salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please. The Cleveland Zoological Society is an equal opportunity employer.