World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Cloud Engineer.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for the support and maintenance of the WWF online infrastructure environment including the servers/VMs, OSes, security, and networking connection both within the cloud infrastructure and the interconnections to on-site or site-to-site locations. At the core, this is a cloud Engineer and Windows server administrator position that also handles a smaller number of other systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Google Cloud, and Nutanix Xi Leap. The Cloud Engineer also manages WWF's Cloud Service Provider (CSP) along with WWF's Managed Security Service Provider. In addition, this position works hand-in-hand with Network Services/Infrastructure, Application Development, Web and Online Marketing teams.
- Manage WWF's online, Azure housed, web servers along with accompanying systems such as external DNS, registrar, SSL, etc.
- Oversee or coordinate with WWF's Cloud Service Provider and Managed Security Services Provider.
- Work with WWF's Cloud Service Provider and internal teams to project manage, troubleshoot, prioritize and help solve any anomalies and/or issues.
- Help monitor the Cloud Service Providers' ticket and alerting systems.
- Maintain, configure, and when possible, improve upon WWF's Azure configuration and documentation.
- Manage Azure virtual machines such as: Windows domain controllers, IIS VMs, SQL database VMs, Red Hat Enterprise VMs, and virtual redundant firewalls both in a production and staging environment.
- Manage WWF's CloudFlare environment.
- Create and update WWF's playbook for planned responses to any outages or issues while ensuring WWF's online environment always remains operational and functional.
- Manage routine backups of both the data, code, and servers,
- Work with WWF's Application Development and Web teams to provide support on code deployment, updates, etc..
- Work with WWF's Network Services team to assist with additional cloud infrastructures including: a separate Azure environment, Office 365, Google Cloud, and Nutanix Xi Leap
- Update and patch systems to ensure systems stay within security requirements and best practices.
- Be a leader in the Cloud Infrastructure technology space. Stay up to date with all new cloud technologies across many of the common cloud platforms. Be a resource for WWF when new projects may require new cloud technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in IT is preferred but equivalent experience or job-related certifications will be accepted in lieu of degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft's Azure services
- Must be very familiar with building, updating, deploying, and managing IIS and Microsoft SQL server.
- Understand all components of internet web hosting such as DNS, load balancing, and web traffic shaping/directing.
- Familiarity with CDN's and caching services like CloudFlare.
- Familiar with managing a windows domain/active directory.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code: Terraform/CloudFormation etc. is a plus.
- Experience with CI, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment best practices, implementations and frameworks is a plus.
- Scripting and coding experience with one or more of the following: Bash, Python, C#, Ruby or equivalent is required.
- A fundamental understanding of networking.
- Must have experience with compute resource management and monitoring.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or similar is required.
- Understanding of .NET programming technology stack, a plus.
- Previous experience working with managed service vendors is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required along with being a consistent team player.
- Ability to stay up-to-date with new and emerging technologies and a desire to learn the basics of the new technologies is required.
- Strong organizational, documentation, project management skills including development of detailed project plans.
- Strategic and business skills along with strong technical skills.
- Well-developed methodologies for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF's core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22072
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/z1b6QOuLeWVkt4apIYEe7" />