Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
540 Fairview Ave N
We are seeking a dynamic, idealistic leader to join our successful, growing organization as part of our program leadership team. The College Program Manager helps manage College Possible programs by supervising, training and supporting three college program coordinators who supervise AmeriCorps members working with college students. May supervise AmeriCorps Members during times of transition.
Essential Job Functions
Supervise, Train and Support Program Staff and AmeriCorps Members: Duties include providing daily support, guidance, and oversight to program coordinators and Corps members to ensure excellence in service, troubleshooting problems and issues as they arise, evaluating performance through check-ins and working with staff to ensure the highest quality of service to the other staff, students, sites, and Corps members. Lead in the development and implementation of an AmeriCorps training calendar; help prepare and evaluate trainings for AmeriCorps members, and summarize all information for future reference.
Maintain College Relationships: Work to deepen partnerships and maintain successful relationships with colleges by maintaining communication with key contacts at each school to assess program quality, results, and overall institutional satisfaction; attend campus-based events where appropriate; and foster successful communication as a representative of College Possible Minnesota College Success Team.
Ensure Program Quality & Provide Organizational Management: Help ensure the delivery of high quality programming to students. Oversee the implementation of the College Possible curriculum and ensure that Corps members receive adequate training and support to successfully meet program goals. Help to develop systems for program delivery, and provide organizational leadership.
Evaluate, Track and Report on Progress: Lead the Minnesota college team in the tracking, evaluation and reporting of College Possible outcomes as they relate to our college programming goals. Help collect and analyze data that demonstrates results, and use that information for program management and training development. Work with Program Director to develop and implement performance improvement strategies where necessary. Collect and summarize data needed for AmeriCorps, donor, and board reporting. Maintain member files and accurately report member hours. Position requires knowledge of specific AmeriCorps guidelines, making sure all aspects of the program consistently adhere to such guidelines.
Provide Overall Program Support and Oversight: Work with program team to help guide and develop our AmeriCorps members, including member recruitment, training and program reporting. Help ensure that AmeriCorps guidelines are followed. Coordinate with the Program Director in tracking, evaluating, and reporting on overall organizational progress. Work with program team to help recruit and select students and staff for the coming program year.
Other duties as assigned.
Professional Requirements (Skills & Qualifications)
In addition to the requirements below, College Possible staff and service members are expected to demonstrate the Idealistic Leader traits of Strive to be Delightful, Energize those in your Presence, Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Challenge Cynicism, Practice Empathy, Learn to be Grateful and Have Fun, as expressed in our organizational value statement and have a significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
Related Work Experience:
· Minimum of three years of full-time work experience demonstrating progressively increasing levels of responsibility;
· Supervisory experience required;
· Experience with AmeriCorps, VISTA, or other service programs preferred;
· Familiarity with the college admissions process, transfer information, and/or financial aid preferred;
· Salesforce experience preferred.
· Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and experience in database management.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
· Significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion;
· Must have a desire to engage in diversity, inclusion and/or equity work;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
· Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
· Attention to detail, including proofreading and project follow-through;
· Comfort with data collection, analysis, and a strong focus on result;
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast paced environment.
Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid time off program).
Minimum Education Required