125 Shahpur Jat
PURPOSE: The purpose of the role is to ensure seamless operations on the mentee side of responsibilities; achieved through effective planning, coordination, supervision of tasks and with oversight of any risks and issues arising.
EXPERIENCE: 4-5 years of strong sectoral experience preferably working with young adults alongside having experience in team management.
OVERVIEW: The Mentee Manager has overall responsibility of operational activities on the mentee side of a project with 200-300 mentorships, working with a Junior Program Manager, a Mentee coordinator and Field Assistants to ensure successful project execution.
- 30% Planning and Organising
- Contribute to SOPs on mentee outreach, selection, training and monitoring
- Plan for various operational activities with the team and create relevant document structures to aid in operational processes
- Defining standards for each task in the mentee pre-match and post-match activities.
- 20% Training
- Contribute and providing inputs in the development of Mentee SOP*( A formal document which defines the standards of operation for all mentee related activities).
- Train the JPM and MC on the the Mentee SOP. (Mentee SOP will be prepared by the Mentee Manager in the predominant language used in the state. This would help in training the JPMs and mentee coordinators.)
- 35% Program Execution
- Goal setting for mentee related activities- Based on the program framework, the MM sets goals for different time durations to help the mentee team plan their work.
- Set daily,weekly and quarterly goals by breaking down the weekly, quarterly and annual goals respectively and helping the mentee team plan and achieve tasks that are to be completed on a daily/weekly/quarterly basis.
- Work on field with 25% of the mentee population and execute all tasks related to them including mentee outreach, selection, matching, introduction and post-match support.
- Supervise the mentee team, guiding the team through challenges they might be facing and supporting the team on the field to ensure overall success.
- Quality check - Based on the mentee SOP, conduct periodic quality checks on JPM and MC responsibilities and documentation at least once in a quarter.
- 15% Documentation
- Monthly Reports- MM is responsible for accurate and monthly documentation of all mentee related activities that are executed by the mentee team.(This report may be prepared either in English or the language MM is comfortable with).
- Through the monthly report highlight the challenges or improvement areas and any further support required from the program team.
Minimum Education Required