160 Fifth Avenue
The Simons Foundation Mathematics and Physical Sciences (MPS) Grants Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for post-award activities for his or her assigned portfolio of grants. The Grants Assistant will oversee the process of contacting grantees and their administrators to obtain required reporting for the grants team, and in this position, they must be well versed in Foundation policies and procedures. The Grants Assistant must foster good working relationships, both internally and externally. The Grants Assistant will report to the Grants Manager.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative and project-level support
- Responds to inquiries from grantees and institutional administrators
- Oversees the grant deliverable reminder, submission and review processes.
- Aids in the creation and maintenance of all program templates
- Provides first-tier review of budgets, activations, financial statements and progress reports.
- Generates and prepares data for monthly reports, portfolio analyses and other required reports.
- Assists with the maintenance of electronic award records
- Aids in defining, creating, organizing and updating program policies and processes.
- Performs any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- 1-2 years of full-time administrative experience
- Previous experience in grants or in sponsored projects administration is ideal.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and task follow-through
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of proposalCENTRAL or related award management system is a plus.
- Eagerness to grow with the position as the organization's needs evolve
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.