District of Columbia
Ending poverty is the desired outcome of all that we do, and each aspect of A Wider Circle is pursued with that goal front and center. In pursuing this goal, we seek to shift the consciousness of individuals and society, as a whole, to one that does not accept poverty or allow it to continue. Now in our 17th year, we are driven more than ever to produce outcomes and move the needle with respect to the number of our fellow Americans in poverty.
A Wider Circle’s Neighborhood Partnerships initiative is one of two program realms that seeks to create sustainable change - in this instance at the community level - through the transformation of neighborhoods allowing residents to live, work and thrive without displacement.
Our current sites in DC serve as examples of strong partnerships with public and non-profit entities as well as our commitment to improvements in economic opportunity, safety and stability, quality of life and community empowerment. The Neighborhood Partnerships Coordinator will be a key member in our organization and in the movement to end poverty by supporting individuals, their families and their communities.
- Support all daily operations and programming onsite in one or more of our neighborhood program sites to include workforce development, health and wellness, basic needs provision, youth activities, community leadership/empowerment and development, safety, and quality of life.
- Report on outcomes using data tools and metrics to track results of all programs.
- Conduct neighborhood outreach for development and maintenance of partnerships.
- Serve as a key point of contact for residents. This role is critical to operations and to building positive relationships with residents, community stakeholders, volunteers, and donors. The highest level of customer service, professionalism, and compassion need to be at the forefront of every interaction.
- Accurately complete the intake process with each new resident. Share information related to programs and services offered by A Wider Circle. Recommend and/or refer resident to appropriate resources and key contacts. Provide culturally mindful service by engaging in active listening, practicing empathy, and meeting people where they are with sensitivity to their needs.
- Organize daily plan of appointments, events, meetings, and activities. Prepare equipment, room set-up, and supplies in advance; Delegate tasks to volunteers, and participants
- 5+ years of experience in non-profit program management, human services, and grassroots community organizations.
- 3+ years of program management experience.
- Experience with urban poverty settings, ideally in Southeast DC.
- An ability to work with an outcomes-based approach; focused on economic opportunity, quality of life, safety and security, and community engagement.
- Commitment to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Strong desire to serve as a change agent in the movement to end poverty.
A Wider Circle offers health care, retirement, voluntary benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required