The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build a dynamic industry that makes clean cooking accessible to families around the world. Established in 2010, CCA supports the development, sale, distribution, and consistent use of clean cooking solutions that transform lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, and helping families save time and money. In alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals, CCA is working to achieve universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
The Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will provide analytical, technical, and programmatic support to CCA teams to assist the organization’s overall mission to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and combat climate change by creating a thriving global market for clean and efficient household cooking solutions. The Manager will manage CCA’s M&E work through project-level M&E, and the execution and maintenance of the organization-wide M&E Framework. The Manager will conduct data collection, analysis and reporting and ensure data quality for the project level indicators and for CCA’s organization-wide Standard Indicators. The Manager, M&E will further support the Senior Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) in the development and execution of CCA’s Learning Agenda.
The Manager, M&E will report to the Senior Manager, MEL and is an integral member of CCA’s research, evidence, and learning (REL) team. They will also work closely across CCA teams to ensure strong linkages between M&E and CCA programming.
This position can be based in Washington D.C. or remote.
- In coordination with the Senior Manager, MEL and project teams, ensure adequate M&E design and implementation of CCA projects
- Support CCA teams to collect projects indicators data
- Conduct data analysis, and ensure data quality, of CCA projects indicators
- Contribute to drafting M&E sections of CCA projects annual and quarterly reports
- Oversee M&E budgets and contracts of external consultants, as required
Implementation of CCA’s M&E Framework
- Collect data, ensure data quality and maintain ongoing system of data collection of the M&E Framework’s Standard Indicators (SI) across CCA
- Lead the quantitative data analysis of the SI for reporting
- Provide pertinent SI analyzed data for CCA’s projects specific needs
- Lead annual report drafting of the M&E Framework report
- Contribute to the process of updated and revising the M&E Framework (as needed)
- Act as an internal resource for staff understanding and use of the M&E Framework
- Provide quantitative analysis support to CCA’s Learning Agenda’s activities
- Provide M&E technical support for proposal development, as needed
- Respond to M&E donor requests, especially related to quantitative analysis and impact measurement
- Serve as an internal resource for M&E capacity building for CCA staff
- Represent CCA’s M&E work to external audiences as needed, including donors, other stakeholder groups, and at conferences
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or higher in a related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, including at least 3 years of experience with quantitative M&E or data project management experience Solutions-oriented and able to manage and advance multiple task and responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Problem-solver with a proactive, no-task-is-too-small nature who takes initiative
- Team-oriented, supportive work style, and able to work independently
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to learn new systems and collaboration platforms efficiently
- Proven project M&E management skills, preferably in international development contexts, including the ability to move projects M&E frameworks forward from inception to implementation to completion with adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrated very strong analytical, quantitative analysis, statistical and Windows Excel skills
- Demonstrated very strong data management skills, which includes experience cleaning data and managing large datasets
- Strong experience with design of M&E tools, surveys, and monitoring systems
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.