474 Boston Turnpike
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that food is a fundamental right of all people and that hunger is an issue of social justice. WCFB’s mission is to engage, educate, and lead Worcester County in creating a hunger-free community. In support of that goal, WCFB annually collects over 6 million pounds of perishable and non-perishable donated food and distributes it through a network of 120 Partner Agencies, including food pantries and community meal programs, trains Partner Agencies in food safety; and advocates for systemic and sustainable solutions that support children, families, and senior citizens in being more food secure and healthy.
The Operations Associate is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position that reports to the Warehouse and Facility Manager. This position is responsible for warehouse receiving, truck driving, customer service, and overall warehouse, food storage, and inventory activities. The Operations Associate is a member of the Operations Team and works in cooperation with other Operations Associates to complete the day-to-day responsibilities of the WCFB warehouse.
· Perform a variety of duties in the warehouse to include receiving, truck driving, and customer service in accordance with all WCFB policies and procedures.
· Work collaboratively with members of Operations Team, other WCFB staff and volunteers.
· Pick up and deliver food donations using WCFB truck; maintain truck log book; perform truck inspections; report any truck maintenance issues to Warehouse and Facility Manager.
· Safely operate and maintain WCFB trucks, warehouse equipment, including forklift and pallet jack and report any issues to the Warehouse and Facility Manager.
· Handle donated food product in inventory including moving, storing, rotating and complete accurate paperwork and other related tasks.
· Perform quality control check of donated food product.
· Provide support for community food drives in cooperation with other WCFB staff.
· Maintain temperature, sanitation and other logs required by regulatory agencies and report any issues to the Warehouse and Facility Manager.
· Provide support to warehouse volunteers. Assist with orientation, training, and retention of warehouse volunteers.
· Report any issues with volunteers and visitors, including safety concerns, to the Warehouse and Facility Manager.
· Conduct oneself in accordance with the positive image of WCFB with all staff, Partner Agencies, volunteers, donors, and visitors.
· Perform duties related to warehouse and facility maintenance and customer service as assigned by Warehouse and Facility Manager.
· Perform tasks as needed and assigned by the Warehouse and Facility Manager.
· Warehouse and driving experience preferred.
· Must meet MA Department of Transportation physical exam requirements, have a valid MA license and maintain a safe driving record.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds throughout the day.
· Forklift and ServSafe Food Safety certification – training provided by WCFB.
· Occasional evening/weekend work required.
· Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as part of a team, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Basic computer skills required.
· Commitment to WCFB’s mission.
· Position does not require Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
· WCFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities and people who have experienced poverty to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Qualified applicants should drop-off or mail cover letter and resume to WCFB, 474 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Associate” in the subject line.