Details: $25 - $35 / hour. Approximately 25 hours / week.
2682 Middlefield Road
There With Care’s mission is to provide a wide range of meaningful and fundamental services to children and families during the critical phase of a medical crisis. We serve families referred by medical agencies by building a network of services and people who ease the burden of life’s day-to-day obligations with compassion and care.
There With Care is poised for significant growth in 2018 and beyond. While we continue to serve families at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital on the Peninsula, we are currently expanding our program into San Francisco to serve families at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. The Program Director will play an integral role in helping us serve as a true hospital partner and thoughtfully grow our care to serve families in a way that allows them to focus on their child’s medical crisis.
As a senior staff member and critical partner to the Executive Director, the Program Director will provide leadership and management for the Program Department and work closely with other department leadership to ensure that our families receive timely meaningful care.
Organizational and Department Leadership
- Determine department strategy and objectives in collaboration with the Executive Director and other department leadership.
- Support the Executive Director in determining organizational strategy and objectives.
- Supervise department team, including but not limited to advising on family care and support, mentoring and professional development, and evaluating staff performance.
- Build and maintain relationships with key individuals at partner hospitals and organizations and within networks of support.
- Provide the department perspective in all communication materials, including writing content for social and print media.
- Be an ambassador for There With Care at events and in the community.
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with There With Care’s core values.
Family Care Management
- Provide families with compassionate, caring and non-judgmental care; assess, prioritize, and adapt plans to meet immediate family needs.
- Develop, manage and evaluate department procedures, policies and resources to optimally serve There With Care families and meet organizational goals.
- Directly manage There With Care family cases.
- Oversee volunteer opportunities to meet family needs in collaboration with Volunteer department. Coordinate weekly volunteer opportunity email.
- Manage and report data to inform organizational decisions and guide development of existing and new services as well as to quantify There With Care impact. Oversee data entry and use of CRM. Provide oversight of audit reports. Data includes, but is not limited to, case, family survey and social worker survey data.
- Model and express gratitude for our community of volunteers and donors who allow us to be there for families.
- Innately models the care, compassion and support reflective of There With Care’s core values.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in a service industry or nonprofit with demonstrated success in achieving performance goals.
- Tangible experience working with individuals or families in challenging circumstances. Resourceful and creative in identifying ways to serve families and able to recognize the unique, sensitive or extraordinary circumstances of each.
- Able to think strategically with proven experience developing short- and long-term objectives and operational plans to reach them.
- Experience managing people.
- Understanding of the realities of working with a small nonprofit organization; able to set outside of role to help colleagues and volunteers.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening, and presentation skills. Intuitively reads the moment, individual or circumstance and responds thoughtfully and appropriately. Able to handle situations with confidentiality, sensitivity and care and without judgment.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and skillfully with exceptional attention to detail.
- Takes initiative and able to work independently and in uncertain conditions. Able to demonstrate poise, confidence and professionalism in diverse situations.
- Naturally collaborative and effectively solicits and incorporates input to identify effective solutions and reach smart decisions.
- Strong aptitude and skills in managing and analyzing data. Able to think strategically about data and effectively organize and present data.
- Able to perform administrative duties and jump in to assist with additional tasks (not necessarily anticipated) to support the organization and serve There With Care’s mission.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Proficiency in presentation (e.g., Powerpoint), writing (e.g., MS Word) and data management programs (e.g., Excel). CRM experience a plus (Salesforce preferred).
- Proficiency speaking Spanish a plus.
All employees have the option to contribute to a 401k plan as well as benefit from a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
All employees are offered the equivalent of fifteen days paid vacation leave, ten days of paid sick leave, and ten paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for the position as well as a cover letter to the email address listed.
This position requires a criminal background check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.