2011 Crystal Drive
Project Description: PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE:
The Program Associate is the entry level position to program work at IFES. The position is designed primarily to support ongoing programs in the south Caucasus countries as part of the Europe & Eurasia division. Candidate selected will be expected to assist other E&E projects as required in special cases, as requested and approved by supervisor. As a junior member of the team the Program Associate will provide administrative and programmatic support for current programs, assist in day-to-day activities to advance program objectives, work as part of a team and deliver required assignments in a thorough, professional and timely manner.
Job Responsibilities: MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review and submit wire transfers, vendor invoices, travel expense reports etc. into the Accounts Payable System (APW) for supervisor approval;
· Review/prepare/submit material for procurement including drafting RFP/RFQ, preparing selection packages, tracking existing contracts, etc.;
· Support recruitment and mobilization of field staff and consultants for field assignments;
· Maintain project records and documents, including consultant contracts, project files, etc.;
· Conduct basic research and provides general support in proposal development process.
· Assist with editing/writing quarterlies and other reports;
· Assist in editing/writing program success stories and other outreach materials;
· Provide administrative functions in support of the department;
· Participate in weekly field calls together with HQ-based program team colleagues;
· Plans and expedite airline, hotel, and visa arrangements;
· Provide support during department meetings and special events, prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed;
· Provide assistance on special projects and assignments;
· Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE: Provides the administrative support necessary for the team to achieve its goals. Job duties require following common procedures and guidelines. Manages workload, time and priorities, with guidance from supervisor. Is encouraged to participate in Knowledge Management working groups to broaden understanding and increase professional fluency in one or more areas of IFES core competency.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Has the knowledge and skills to identify solutions to routine problems. Produces useful ideas or explanations for circumstances, but may need guidance on execution for results. Understands and applies policies and proactively suggests solutions and improvements on issues.
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains collaborative working relationship with team members and other staff within the Division. Initiates contact with staff in other departments to exchange information and coordinates activities necessary to achieve work goals.
Qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 0 - 2 years’ relevant experience in international development or related field. Internship(s) experience with an international NGO a plus
Related Skills or Knowledge: Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Introductory experience in proposal development support a plus. Familiarity with USAID regulations desired. Knowledge of/interest in political and election developments in the south Caucasus countries (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) considered a major plus. Detailed-oriented and organized. Ability to prioritize, take direction, and handle varied tasks within deadlines. Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. Collaborative, team oriented individual.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required. Other languages spoken in the E&E region considered a plus.
Minimum Education Required