Position: Strategic Partnerships & Events, Manager
Reports to: Senior VP, Strategic Partnerships & External Relations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to nearly 75,000 children in need on 351 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our goals for our All-Stars are the same we have for our own children: to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities.
A Unique Opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with an organization dedicated to making the world a better place by serving at-risk youth. The Manager of Strategic Partnerships and Events is responsible for working closely and supporting the SVP with the fundraising and marketing strategy through strategic partnerships, events and online campaigns (with Prizeo, Charity Buzz and Omaze) for the benefit of both the national office and the South Florida chapter. The Manager is also responsible for supervising all aspects of logistics for events that include: The Arnold Schwarzenegger Westime Charity Night (LA) , All-In for All-Stars Charity Poker (Miami), The After-School Summit by USC, ASAS at Art Basel Miami and an additional Flagship event still under development. The Manager will be supported by the national Marketing & Development teams.
- Responsible for internal and external communication of event production timelines and needs, including the planning and running of pre-event production and timeline meetings and post-event production debriefs
- Creating compelling sponsorship decks, sponsor outreach communication and maintain events master calendar
- Managing event and partnership press releases, social media posts and communications
- Manage all associated data via Salesforce.com non-profit CRM database including data entry, maintaining data integrity, providing reports; the Manager can expect to become a proficient Salesforce user
- Work closely with SVP on marketing and social media efforts that both raise awareness of the ASAS brand
- Prepare realistic budgets and timelines for each event and work with all internal and external event parties to assure that deadlines are met, and a smooth production is achieved
- Responsible for the timely upkeep and adherence of all Special Events expense budgets and reconciliation with Finance and Development Operations
- Manage successful integration of event vendors including, but not limited to: production companies, rentals, audio/ visual, security, florists, caterers, etc.
- Manage successful event guest experience and check-in as it relates to production
- Manage the successful logistic integration of all sponsors (delivery, proper display, etc.)
- Oversee production logistics of live and silent auction: timeline, production planning, mapping and load-in
- Work with development staff to ensure that donors and VIPs at each event are adequately handled and supported
· Support SVP in executing community/school site events in South Florida to cultivate relationships with influencers and sponsors including: Lights On Afterschool, National Girls & Women in Sports Day Girl Power Panel, Give Miami Day Event, and Camp Hoop Heroes.
- Prepare timely progress reports on all elements of production and logistics for the event committee and event management
- Participate in event committee meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as needed (some nights and weekends required)
· Support SVP in identifying, cultivating and securing a diverse portfolio of funders including foundations, corporate sponsors and individuals.
- Prepare and distribute minutes and other relevant documents both before and after relevant meetings
- Anticipate needs and prepare SVP for meetings, events, etc., including quarterly Board meetings for South FL
- Manage thank you and tax acknowledgement letters accordingly
- Manage the inventory and upkeep of storage of items related to events
- Plan and coordinate successful volunteer integration into events
- Coordinate logistics of online campaigns on fundraising platforms such as Prizeo, Omaze and Charity Buzz
· Join occasional regional meetings or weekly 1:1 meetings with chapters staff and their Regional Executive Director to ensure chapter’s event planning processes are aligned with best practice.
- Travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Who should apply?
- The Strategic Partnerships and Events Manager will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive, and demonstrate a passion for ASAS’ work and mission to provide high-quality afterschool programs for low-income youth that help them succeed in school and in life. The successful candidate will also possess:
- A minimum of five to seven years of event production experience required (non-profit event production a plus)
- Exceptional organization, data-manipulation, and logistics skills including exceptional written and verbal communications skills required
- Ability to work as part of a team; and a tenacious commitment to achievement of agreed-upon budgets and timelines
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office Suite including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 18 days of paid time off, flex time and 15 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required