Details: $17-$18/hr depending on experience
11 Inman Street
Food For Free is a non-profit organization that improves access to healthy food within our community by rescuing food that would otherwise go to waste, strengthening the community food system, and creating new distribution channels to reach underserved populations. Our work relies heavily on collaboration with partners throughout the community.
We envision a future where everyone in our community—regardless of age, income or ability—has consistent access to fresh, healthy, delicious food.
We are seeking a flexible, dependable person who is eager to take on new challenges and is dedicated to providing excellent service to the people and organizations we support. The food rescue coordinator will help serve Food For Free’s mission through picking up food donations and delivering food to our recipient agencies. This person will also provide home delivery to individuals, bringing boxes of food into their residence. The coordinator is responsible for maintaining a good working relationship with our team, our food donors, recipient agencies, home delivery clients, and members of the community.
Pickups and deliveries will be made using one of Food For Free’s vehicles. Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license with 5 years experience and a clean driving record. The coordinator must be comfortable operating large commercial box truck type vehicles (up to 26,000 lbs. GVW) on narrow city streets and be willing to learn how to operate truck lift gate and pallet jack.
This is a physically demanding job and applicant must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the shift. Applicant must be willing to work in all weather conditions. Daily online record keeping will be completed on a tablet-type/mobile device.
- Commitment to food justice
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record and 5 years driving experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Previous experience operating commercial vehicles (up to 26,000 lbs.GVW) or willingness to learn to operate vehicle type on narrow city streets and in traffic conditions.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions in all seasons. Including inclement weather, extreme heat and cold.
- Experience or willingness to learn to operate powered pallet jack.
- Must be able to utilize mobile devices for daily record keeping.
This full-time position with benefits. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Ryan Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food For Free will pay for 75% of BCBS health and Delta Dental.
Generous vacation package.
Minimum Education Required