This position supports the work of Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley (RTSV) and our mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives. For 30 years the organization has transformed the lives of our neighbors in need by providing critical home and facility safety repairs to preserve affordable homeownership and restore safe living environments. Our impact extends beyond the individuals served to revitalize and stabilize vulnerable neighborhoods in our community. The Program Manager oversees the volunteer components of our service delivery, managing volunteer-driven home repair projects, as well as coordinating all outreach efforts to ensure RTSV is reaching our community’s underserved neighbors in need.
Program Delivery (65%)
· Manage RTSV’s volunteer-driven components of service-delivery, specifically but not limited to Rebuilding Days, Team Builds and Safe-at-Home volunteer days.
· Ensure quality and consistency in program delivery, keeping focus on mission and core values.
· Monitor and execute on annual program goals, including our newest innovative program, Demonstration Zone.
· Coordinate all details and logistical aspects of Rebuilding Days/Team Builds to include but not limited to:
o Prepare client profile information and volunteer materials
o Oversee recruitment and management of project volunteers and volunteer groups.
o Take on Captain position for Team Build projects.
o Recruit and retain pool of House Captains.
o Plan and implement Volunteer Leadership Training sessions to include compiling, maintaining and revising manuals for Volunteer Leaders.
o Serve as resource for Volunteer Leaders as they prepare for Rebuilding Days.
o Coordinate Rebuilding Day logistics, including food, materials, skilled labor, portable toilets and dumpsters.
o Coordinate and support supply kit production and distribution.
o Troubleshoot and visit sites on project days.
o Monitor and coordinate completion of unfinished work after project days.
o Compile post project statistics.
· Plan annual Adopt-a-Park program as part of Rebuilding Day to include:
o Coordinate outreach plan and implementation for the mobile home Adopt-a-Park program.
o Work with Mobile Home Park managers on logistical coordination for RD activities.
o Oversee coordination to include Kick-Off, lunch, supply delivery, parking, and more.
· Build on RTSV’s volunteer-focused efforts, providing quality volunteer opportunities.
o Oversee the recruitment and retention of an expanded pool of skilled volunteers for Rebuilding Day and Safe at Home.
o Develop and manage volunteer appreciation activities.
o Ensure accurate tracking of volunteer information in Salesforce database.
o Represent RTSV to the community, specifically groups that focus on Volunteer Management.
· Coordinate lead-safe work practices on all relevant projects to include:
o Ensure project sites are tested for lead-based paint.
o Coordinate the preparation of project sites for clearance using lead-safe work practices or using contractors with appropriate credentials.
o Organize all relevant documents for accurate reporting and maintain current information on all lead-related projects in Salesforce Database.
· Manage nonprofit/non-homeowner clientele
o Facilitate and process facility applications for all nonprofit clients.
o Serve as primary point of contact for nonprofit representatives leading up to Rebuilding Day.
· Supervise Volunteer/Outreach Coordinator and other volunteers to assist with all tasks and strategies as identified above.
· Process in-kind donor forms, check requests and material/supply requests from Volunteer Leaders.
· Assist with collecting and tracking in-kind donor information
· Oversee and ensure complete project documentation and tracking in files and databases.
· Develop and execute outreach strategy and materials to build awareness and visibility of RTSV services to ensure client recruitment in all service jurisdictions.
· Represent RTSV in making presentations to social service agencies, mobile home parks, and other venues.
· Connect with referral organizations and service providers who serve potential RTSV clients—and keep them updated on our services.
· Work in collaboration with and support other program staff.
· Provide client and volunteer-based social media and email content as needed.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
· Commitment to serve low‐income homeowners and communities.
· Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow‐through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
· Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision and able to complete projects from start to finish, including taking on a leadership role.
· Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style.
· Professional phone manner with concise verbal skills.
· Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and maintain professional decorum under stress.
· Ability to work with a diversity of people from various ethnic, socio‐economic, and living environments.
· Willingness to work as a team with clients, volunteers, and staff.
· Ability to excel in a fast‐paced, team-orientated, small office environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
· Strong writing and computer literacy with PC-based MS Office programs. Familiarity with standard office equipment. Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
· Familiarity with the built environment a plus.
· Bi‐lingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese a plus.
· Valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and ability to pass a background check.
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis as part of their responsibilities to stock and maintain project supplies.
· Education: College degree (or equivalent combination of education and work experience).
This position supports the work of Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley (RTSV) and our mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives. For 30 years the organization has transformed the lives of our neighbors in need…
Benefits package includes medical, vision, dental insurance, and generous PTO (Paid time off) for all full-time employees. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s expense. In addition to PTO accrual, RTSV recognizes 10 paid Holidays.
Benefits package includes medical, vision, dental insurance, and generous PTO (Paid time off) for all full-time employees. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s…
Bi‐lingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese a plus.
Bi‐lingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese a plus.
To apply, submit your cover letter (word or PDF) summarizing your interest, fit with qualifications and experience along with your current resume. Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.
For more information about the organization, visit www.rtsv.org.