1001 Lawrence Street Northeast
District of Columbia
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values.
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse, provides medication management and somatic treatment for community-based Assertive Community Treatment team (ACT) to adults who have serious and persistent mental illness. Provides clinical and crisis services to all consumers served by the ACT team, works with the ACT Director and team leaders to monitor each consumer’s clinical status and response to treatment, and directs psychopharmacologic and medical treatment along with the psychiatrist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• ACT RN provides a range of nursing and mental health rehabilitation services including but not limited to:
a) follow up and participate in the mental health related medication prescription, administration and monitoring;
b) Crisis assessment and intervention
c) Symptom assessment, management and individual supportive therapy;
d) Assist in the treatment of substance abuse for consumers with co-occurring addictive disorders
e) Psychosocial rehabilitation and skill development;
f) Interpersonal social and interpersonal skill training; and
g) Education, support and consultation to consumers’ families and/or their support system, which is directed exclusively to the well being and benefit of the consumer
h) Provide education around somatic diagnoses to consumers as needed.
• At least 75% of consumer face to face contact will be in the community.
• Provide coverage weekends and holidays as needed (on call) and will be asked to meet with consumers in the community.
• Provide an average of 5 billable hours per day.
• Maintain adherence to all policies and procedures consistent with DBH and the District of Columbia board of nursing and Catholic Charities
• Document all consumer services in Credible (the electronic health record) the same day of service.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in Nursing.
• Licensed as a RN in the District of Columbia.
• Minimum of five years clinical experience in health care setting/organization.
• Relevant experience and expertise in care of physical health care.
• Experience treating/caring for consumers with serious mental illness.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
• Strong assessment skills, strong clinical judgment and strong advocacy skills.
• Sound nursing judgment and ability to interface with individuals in crisis.
• Advanced level knowledge of medical terminology, and health privacy laws.
• Ability to quickly respond to organizational and regulatory changes.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills on multiple levels including interaction with treatment team members, staff, consumers, health care professionals, and all other stakeholders.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply for this role via the link provided.