11 Inman Street
Food For Free is hiring a Marketing Manager—a part-time position
Food For Free is seeking a Marketing Manager. This is a new position at Food For Free and will play an important role in honing and promoting the brand of this 37-year old organization. This is a part-time position, 12-15 hours in its first year, with room for growth.
About Food For Free
Food For Free is a non-profit organization that improves access to healthy food within our community by rescuing food that would otherwise go to waste, strengthening the community food system, and creating new distribution channels to reach underserved populations.
We envision a future where everyone in our community—regardless of age, income or ability—has consistent access to fresh, healthy, delicious food.
Food For Free accomplishes its mission through food rescue, partnerships with schools, colleges and traditional food organizations, and our own direct service programs. In 2017, Food For Free distributed more than two million pounds of nutritious food to more than 30,000 people throughout Greater Boston.
We are a casual yet professional organization. We value team, community, transparency, collaboration, and enjoying our work and interactions
The Marketing Manager will work within the Development team and report to the Director of Development. This position will have primary responsibility for promoting brand awareness through all channels. In addition, the Marketing Manager will work with the Development team to promote fundraising events and donor acquisition, and will work with the Program team to support volunteer recruitment.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about creating and executing a marketing plan from soup to nuts. We need someone who can plan, execute, evaluate, and refine their work as needed—while incorporating input from across the organization’s leadership.
- Create a social media strategy that promotes brand awareness, drives engagement, and is responsive to the needs of fundraising and volunteer recruitment
- Take point on SEO efforts and maintaining the accuracy and relevance of the organzation’s website (currently under redesign)
- Work with Food For Free’s public relations firm to place the organization in print and digital media, both to promote specific programs and events and to position the organization as a thought leader in the field of hunger/food access
- Effectively use the organization’s small advertising budget to promote first-time engagement; goals include event attendence, volunteering, and online donations
- Assess the organization’s print collateral; propose, design, and lead production on new materials
- Evaluate opportunities such as speaking engagements, tabling events, and awards and lead Food For Free’s response/presence where appropriate
- Track outcomes, such as website visits, social media likes, ad clickthroughs, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Personal honesty and integrity
- Maturity and sound judgment
- Enthusiasm for working as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including Directors, donors, management, program staff, and volunteers
- Minimum of 5 years experience required in marketing or a closely related field
- A deep understanding of marketing strategies, with a preference for experience within the non-profit sector
- Famililarity with: social media development, search engine optimization, event promotion, thought leadership placement, and cause marketing
- Strong prose and a demonstrated ability to match content and tone to audience
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to attend occasional evening meetings in Cambridge
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, including Food For Free’s office and various events
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to Michelle Holcomb via email to email@example.com.
2 weeks (pro-rated) vacation year one, 3 weeks vacation years 2 and 3, four weeks vacation years 4+
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to Michelle Holcomb via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include"Marketing Manager" in the subject line.