U.S. Department of State: English Language Teaching Projects Worldwide
- Job posted by US Dept. of State English Language Fellow Program
The English Language Fellow Program is seeking experienced U.S. TESOL professionals to participate in paid teaching fellowships at universities and other academic institutions around the world. As participants in a U.S. Department of State public diplomacy initiative, Fellows are cultural ambassadors who enhance English language teaching capacity abroad and promote mutual understanding through cultural exchange.
Fellow projects are 10-month paid teaching assignments for professionals with a graduate degree in English language teaching and two years’ classroom TESOL experience. In return, the program provides professionals with a platform to build skills that can greatly enhance their TESOL careers. We are recruiting for approximately 100 projects beginning in September 2018.
Who are we looking for?
TESOL educators with:
- Experience and demonstrated commitment to teaching EFL/ESL
- A graduate degree in TESOL or a related field
- Personal qualities of flexibility, cultural adaptability, and resourcefulness
- U.S. citizenship
- Stipend: $30,000
- Living allowance (rent, utilities, local transportation, food)
- Dependents’ allowance
- Textbook and pre-departure allowances
- Supplementary health benefit plan
- Round trip airfare to the host country and back.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
***APPLY NOW for 2018-2019 projects. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all projects have been filled. For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.ELPrograms.org/fellow***