ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network working with more than 2500 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development. Active in 125+ countries, we influence sustainability policy and drive local action for low emission, nature-based, equitable, resilient and circular development. Our Members and team of experts work together through peer exchange, partnerships, and capacity building to create systemic change for urban sustainability.
To support the Sustainable Mobility team, we are offering the following position:
Junior Officer, Sustainable Mobility
The Junior Officer complements the Sustainable Mobility team in supporting local and regional governments internationally in implementing innovative sustainable urban mobility solutions within the contexts of passenger and freight movements.
Support project implementation (60%)
• Contribute to the development of the EcoLogistics Community to achieve project goals, including contribution to the development of knowledge products (case studies, reports, databases), and other defined research, organizational, and communication tasks
• Support in organizing and documenting meetings, workshops and study tours including agenda setting, drafting and sending invitations, minute taking and follow up,
• Carry out communications tasks within the funded projects, including website updates, regular communication duties and contributions to newsletters and social media,
• Communicate with city representatives, partners, and consultants, as defined by project lead and line manager,
• Support team members to conceptualize and develop the thematic areas of EcoLogistics
• Carry-out defined tasks effectively to ensure timely delivery of products
• Work with different teams within ICLEI and ICLEI Regional Offices to achieve the project deliverables and foster meaningful collaborations
General support to the Sustainable Mobility team with a focus on advocacy and outreach (40%)
• Support the sustainable mobility’s communications and events activities including updating the team’s editorial and events calendar, the website, creating the bimonthly newsletter, drafting blogposts, curating social media (Twitter) etc.
• Support the advocacy efforts on Sustainable Mobility by contributing to the organization of high-level dialogues
• Support the Sustainable Mobility team in its efforts to assist local and regional governments, particularly ICLEI Members, in the transition towards integrated, socially inclusive, and sustainable urban mobility for people and freight
• Assist in project bidding under the close supervision of the line manager or an assigned staff
• Upon need, supporting other tasks in the team or extended World Secretariat team.
• University degree in a relevant field, such as urban governance/planning/ design; transport planning/ management/ policies; logistics and supply chain management; environmental science/ policies; civil engineering or comparable
• At least one year of relevant work experience, working on sustainable mobility, freight and supply chain issues, ideally with an understanding of the role of local and regional governments in mobility planning
• Knowledge of current policies, planning concepts, and trends in sustainable mobility and logistics in cities
• Strong writing and presentation skills with excellent command of written and spoken English. Proficiency in other languages especially Spanish, Mandarin and/or German is an asset.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Experience in website content management (WordPress), newsletter (Mailchimp), and social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Project management skills, including organization of workshops, training, conferences
• Proactive, reliable and a good team player
• Good time management and organized working style
• Confidence in communicating with partners and city officials from different background and cultures
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience in Adobe suites (Illustrator and InDesign)
• Knowledge of data visualization software (PowerBi)
Terms and conditions:
· The position will be available as of 01 September 2021 for one year.
· The employment contract will be based on German law.
· Salary: 30526 Euro (full time) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen applicant’s years of relevant experience
· Working hours: 40 per week (full time), Paid leave: 30 days per year (full time)
· Probation period is of three months
By email to careers(dot) bonn (at) iclei (dot) org. Please include “Junior Officer, Sustainable Mobility” in the subject line and send us:
· letter of motivation, recent CV, employment certificates, all these merged into one single pdf. of up to 5 MB size
· indication of citizenship and if the applicant is a holder of a work permit for Germany
· indication of the possible start date
Equal Opportunity and Employment Policy
ICLEI World Secretariat’s hiring policy is geared to ensure that the organization hires employees without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, marital status, socio-economic background or sexual orientation. ICLEI’s policy is that applicants for employment and career progression are considered solely on the basis of their relevant qualifications and competencies.
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered.
In order to support the evaluation via interview, shortlisted candidates might be required to undergo a written test relevant to the job content prior to the interview. Kindly note, that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable. The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.
Application Deadline: 23 July 2021
ICLEI e.V. World Secretariat
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network working with more than 2500 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development. Active in 125+ countries, we influence sustainability policy and…