Details: $20.00 to $24.00 per hour
1122 West Washington Boulevard
NALEO Educational Fund, a national nonprofit organization serving the Latino community, seeks a Development Coordinator who will work closely with Development Directors and Managers to provide leadership and support to operations of development programs including but not limited to responding to general donor inquiries. Reporting to the Development Directors, the ideal candidate must work well independently in a fast-paced, flexible environment, providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders, and make strong contributions both as an individual and as a team player. This is a full time, non-exempt position at a salary range of $20.00-$24.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Ability to create tailored responses to donor inquiries
- Maintain funder database, managing proposal and gift entries
- Interact with donors and prepare online funding requests,
- Manage donor cultivation system
- Create and prepare correspondence
- Schedule appointments and coordinate department meetings,
- Coordinate department travel arrangements, ensuring the coordination of information within the department,
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards of the organization.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Evidence of effective time management skills required with success in being accountable for specific outcomes.
- Exceptional office skills with the ability to multi-task various priorities,
- Highly detailed-oriented,
- College degree preferred;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in nonprofit development or prior experience in a non-profit or similar organization;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills;
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy and organizational skills required;
- Willingness to take initiative to make improvements, enhance departmental efficiency, solve problems, take direction from multiple management sources, and effectively handle change;
- Ability to be flexible and balance competing priorities while supporting and executing an event;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and work effectively under pressure;
- Proficiency with the Internet and Microsoft Office, Donor Perfect Online, Eventbrite, Social Tables and MailChimp applications a plus;
- Ability to maintain professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in all situations;
- Must be available for overtime/flexible scheduling and periodic travel - standard work week is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.;
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus;
- If a driver, must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage;
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Supportive of the mission and philosophy of the NALEO Educational Fund.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ASPECTS OF THE POSITION
Certain physical and mental aspects of performing the essential functions of the position include the following:
- Ability to detect, discern, recognize, and perceive auditory and visual information within normal ranges;
- Dexterity to read, write, type, operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, pencils, pens, and stapler;
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Once hired, employees requiring reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position should contact Human Resources to engage in the interactive process to determine reasonable accommodations, if any.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Fax/email cover letter and resume to Angela Weimer, National Director of Human Resources and Administration, NALEO Educational Fund (213) 747-7664/ email@example.com. EOE
A competitive benefits package is offered that includes generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement coverage
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to speak Spanish, a plus
Minimum Education Required