17 Battery Place
Community Access, Inc. (CA), founded in 1974, is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination through affordable housing, training, advocacy and healing-focused services. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1000 units of supportive housing in three boroughs
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) is responsible for psychiatric assessment, prescribing and medication monitoring. The PNP coordinates care with other physicians including primary care, therapists and support workers. S/he works collaboratively with the IMT Team and other medical providers to ensure that care is coordinated and delivered within the framework of participant self-determination, recovery, and cultural competency.
- Commitment to person-centered treatment strategies, upholding participants' rights, and self-determination in service provision.
- Current licensed in NYS as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner; certified or eligible for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Minimum of three (3) years working with people with serious mental health conditions, co-occurring substance use disorders, and homelessness.
- Minimum of one (1) year working as a nurse practitioner, including prescribing preferred.
- Eligible for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- Familiarity and experience with evidence-based Behavioral Health interventions and ability to train staff members in these strategies
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems and programs, as well as comfort with learning new electronic systems.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the New York State Justice Center.
- Comfort providing treatment in non-traditional settings, including but not limited to the street, community spaces, and shelters.
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.
CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management.
Minimum Education Required