Details: Competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, a retirement plan, and paid time off.
The Open Space Institute is seeking a FileMaker Database Administrator to manage and grow its land management database system. The Database Administrator will proactively interact with colleagues across the organization to ensure data records are accurate and complete, facilitating the reconciliation of data discrepancies. A core responsibility is to for expand the tool’s capabilities to meet the evolving needs of OSI’s business. This can include designing new layouts, and writing new scripts/custom functions for reporting as well as managing plugins and upgrades as the FileMaker platform evolves.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for data integrity and database structure.
o Ensure data is entered in a consistent, accurate manner with standardized naming conventions and consistency with Land Trust Accreditation Commission standards and meet the needs of OSI’s External Affairs department;
o Reconcile database information with that in Land, Stewardship, Conservation Capital, Parks, External Affairs and Finance departments. Update data fields as needed;
o Ensure “ease of use” for staff with a clean user interface requiring as few clicks as possible;
o Train colleagues on best practices and database use;
o Partner with OSI’s GIS department to ensure metrics data in Land department entries are complete and accurate.
· Land and easements
o Work with project managers and colleagues in Legal and Finance to complete the record and verify data as transactions close;
o Upload documentation including green sheets, surveys, appraisals and closing documents as the transaction closes;
o Update planned acquisition and disposition timing.
· Conservation Capital
o Build a new table to record Conservation Capital’s transaction metrics. Align fields with Land table and organization-wide needs.
o Build a table to record Parks’ transaction metrics. Align fields with other FileMaker modules and organization-wide needs.
· Responsible for review and verification of historic records.
o Much of the data for historic records requires review and verification. This position will methodically review paper files to:
· Verify and complete records of past transactions;
· Review paper files to upload documentation such as surveys, appraisals and closing documents;
· Work with colleagues to locate missing data.
· Conservation Capital and Parks
o Work with department teams to add data from prior year transactions.
· Responsible for reporting data
o Develop and deliver custom reports and queries to facilitate Land, Stewardship, External Affairs and Finance activities;
o Prepare custom reports for Board and Committee and other management presentations;
o Assist with report preparation for Land Trust Accreditation Commission re-accreditation.
· Responsible for the board resolution database.
o Create searchable database for board resolutions;
o Work with legal team to update with each board meeting cycle;
o Update land database to reflect board resolution dates.
· Responsible for land expense updates.
o Update land portfolio for commercial insurance as transactions occur;
o Review property tax assessments.
Competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, a retirement plan, and paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 2 years’ experience in database administration, preferably FileMaker
· Strong client services-oriented approach and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people in a collegial manner
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, quantitative thinker
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Excellent team player able to support colleagues, work at a fast-pace and meet deadlines.
· Experience working at a non-profit or governmental agency preferred
· Knowledge of conservation community preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations as a single PDF to email@example.com, with “Database Administrator” and where you saw the posting in the subject line. Deadline is August 31, 2018, but applicants will be reviewed as received.