4200 Biscayne Boulevard
In addition to raising and allocating millions of dollars from thousands of donors, the Greater Miami Jewish Federation has over 950 community members who serve on one or more of our numerous committees. It is ultimately through the activities, work, new ideas, decisions, programs and plans developed in these committees that the Federation and its board of directors is able to execute on its mission to mobilize human and financial resources for our local community, Israel and Jews around the world. The extensive committee structure allows leaders at all levels to make a difference in the community in a way that is meaningful to them. The Federation’s partner agencies are also governed by boards and various committees that require leadership.
The Federation seeks a Director of Leadership Development & Training who will spearhead and manage the process of identifying, engaging, placing and further developing leaders for today and the future. The Director will work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments within Federation to support their specific leadership development needs. The Director will also oversee the professional development needs of the Federation staff.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Lay Leadership Development and Placement
· Develop and implement multi-session leadership development programs that build core competencies and connect participants to our collective values, the community and each other.
· Cultivate relationships with volunteer leaders to understand their interests and skills and to match them appropriately.
· Work with Federation professionals and other agencies to identify and place leaders in appropriate positions.
· Support mechanisms for tracking volunteers and managing leadership transitions.
· Oversee and recruit for the Annual Meeting, including the leadership awards nomination and recognition process.
· Support recruitment for the General Assembly of the Jewish Federations of North America (i.e., the national conference).
· Collaborate with staff on broadening the variety and types of leadership involvements and roles.
· Ensure that Federation maintains its high standards in the area of diversity.
Federation Staff and Broader Jewish Community
· Devise and execute professional development opportunities and Jewish learning for Federation’s professional and administrative staff.
· Serve as the lead staff for JPro Miami, the local association for Jewish communal professionals; work with a committee to execute events and programs for skill development and networking.
Qualifications and Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education, Organizational Development, Human Resources Development, Social Work, Public Administration or Jewish Communal Services a plus.
· A minimum of three years of relevant experience in Jewish communal, nonprofit, public sector or other related field.
· Knowledge and experience in Jewish communal services and programming.
· Understanding of volunteer engagement and training methodologies and resources.
· Passion for Federation’s mission.
· Demonstrated ability to work with community members, leaders, professional peers and other Jewish communal professionals.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Leave early for Shabbat
Aflac Supplemental Insurance
Minimum Education Required