The North Carolina Justice Center is a progressive research and advocacy organization dedicated to expanding opportunity and protecting the rights of low-income individuals in North Carolina. For over 20 years, the Justice Center has been on the front lines in the courts, at the legislature, in the media, and in communities advocating for positive changes for poor and working North Carolinians. The Justice Center has played a primary role in most of the state’s major policy debates and successfully litigated hundreds of individual cases and class actions.
The North Carolina Justice Center is seeking a Digital Campaign Coordinator, Workers’ Rights Project to create and execute digital campaigns, manage social media accounts, and produce digital content as needed; building a strong digital presence for progressive change across a range of workplace policy areas, including workplace health and safety, paid family and medical leave, paid sick days, unemployment insurance, pregnancy accommodations, workplace organizing, and other topics
· B. A. degree in journalism, public policy, communications, design, or related field, or a minimum of four years of demonstrated experience creating and managing digital media required.
· Experience within a non-profit organization or electoral campaign preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other design and layout programs required.
· Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and implementing digital campaigns, driving traffic with social media; and basic website maintenance/design and familiarity with HTML required.
· Strong experience in using online media, familiarity with Google Analytics, Facebook ads, etc. preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
· Video editing skills required.
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines required. Must be able to work independently and support the work of others in the organization.
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice required.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends required.
· Strong commitment to equity and inclusion required.
The Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for available positions. NCJC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
This position is open immediately and will fill quickly. To apply please use the link provided North Carolina Justice Center - Digital Campaign Coordinator, Workers' Right Project (paylocity.com)
The North Carolina Justice Center is a progressive research and advocacy organization dedicated to expanding opportunity and protecting the rights of low-income individuals in North Carolina. For over 20 years, the Justice Center has…
The Justice Center offers skilled and committed co-workers, a competitive salary (minimum $42,908/annually DOE), and superior benefits to enhance staff quality of life including but not limited to: six weeks of paid time off, paid maternity/paternity leave, thirteen holidays, $100 monthly parking stipend, retirement plan contribution and match, FSA, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage. This position is in the Justice Center’s bargaining unit, represented by the National Organization of Legal Service Workers, UAW Local 2320.
The Justice Center offers skilled and committed co-workers, a competitive salary (minimum $42,908/annually DOE), and superior benefits to enhance staff quality of life including…