700 Southwest Jackson Street
General Statement of Work
Responsible for designing, coordinating and implementing membership services and maintain all related records. Must be capable of planning association events/workshops, making contacts with potential members, service users, vendors and program sponsors. Must have knowledge to tailor existing programs/services to the changing needs of the Association, and to plan for the development of new member services.
· Develops strategies to recruit new members, and retain current members.
· Manage and maintain accurate membership records and update the website
· Design, contract and implement new member benefits
· Manages all aspects of the KRPA Professional Development program including: curriculum development, scheduling, implementation and evaluation of professional development events.
· Manages registration processes for all professional development events, workshops, and annual conference and trade show
- Develop and market Sponsorship Deck for the Association in conjunction with the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator, updated annually
- Assess organizational needs and capacity for volunteers, responsible for recruiting and managing groups of volunteers, as well as individual members
- Foster relationships with member committees and special interest sections, as well as the larger non-member community as appropriate; attend relevant meetings
· Coordinates and promotes commercial member and vendor participation in the Association trade show and other exhibition opportunities, including exhibit sales, sponsorships and vendor donations.
· Maintains familiarity with professional development budgetary goals and constraints
· Creates invoices, receives payment for invoices, prepares bank deposits, and provides supporting documentation to accountant
· Manages administrative responsibilities for staff
· Provide outstanding customer service including answer phone calls and/or emails and handling member inquiries
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Public/Business administration, other related field and five years of direct program management experience; or a combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Ability to work independently, yet closely with others to achieve timely results.
Ability to be a team player and maintain a positive attitude.
Skilled at multi-tasking and high attention to detail.
Strong customer service and verbal communication skills.
Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
Skilled with Database Management
Skilled at operating various office equipment. (Printers, Copiers, etc.)
Must be willing to travel to meetings/conferences/events as requested.
w Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work as appropriate
w Valid Kansas motor vehicle license
w Occasionally requires lifting or moving objects of up to 50lbs (boxes of printed materials, supplies or meeting tables) and assorted items needed for meeting set-up
Minimum Education Required