Details: Salary commensurate with experience. Open and honest discussion welcomed at 1st stage interviews.
6260 Frankford Avenue
Civic Works is immediately hiring an organized, detail-oriented Contractor Partnerships Coordinator to oversee the successful completion of hundreds of residential energy efficiency and solar projects each year, in coordination with multiple partner contractors. The Coordinator will be responsible for improving long-term working relationships with existing partner contractors and recruiting additional energy efficiency and solar contractors to sign on as partners. The Coordinator will communicate regularly with partner contractors, to share customer feedback, resolve problems, and hold contractors accountable to program requirements and project deadlines – while also incentivizing and assisting contractors to make improvements towards providing high-quality customer service and quality careers for their employees.
The Coordinator oversees the Retrofit Baltimore program’s systems for tracking home energy efficiency and solar projects through a multi-step sales process. The Coordinator will work with the Project Coordinator to ensure client records in the Retrofit Baltimore Salesforce database are up-to-date, and to use the data gleaned to track projects, monitor contractor performance, and measure Retrofit Baltimore’s economic and environmental impact. Finally, the Coordinator will work to increase efficiency, by suggesting incremental improvements to our highly-customized database and our internal communication systems.
The ideal candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously without dropping the ball. This position is an opportunity to engage with the non-profit sector, private industry, workforce development, and government programs. It is also an excellent opportunity to combat climate change and bring about real economic benefits for those who need them the most.
Retrofit Baltimore, a program of the non-profit Civic Works, makes it easy and affordable for Baltimore area residents to make home energy efficiency upgrades and/or rooftop solar installations. The program uses grassroots, community organizing tactics to motivate homeowners to make home energy improvements, which reduce energy bills and improve the comfort and safety of the home.
Retrofit Baltimore then connects these homeowners with private businesses that have committed to hire Baltimore residents from historically marginalized communities and implement equitable employment standards. In this way, Retrofit Baltimore ensures that all home investments stay local and advance Civic Works' mission to grow the green economy and expand access to family-sustaining green careers to underserved Baltimore residents.
Civic Works’ green initiatives have been highlighted by Green for All, The Baltimore Sun, The Washington Post, the US Conference of Mayors, and the Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission. Join us in creating a more just and equitable clean energy economy. For more information on Retrofit Baltimore, please explore www.retrofitbaltimore.civicworks.com.
- Share positive customer feedback with contractors and work to resolve all problems that arise between customers and contractors. Hold contractors accountable and drive contractors to resolve complaints in a prompt fashion.
- Create contractor report cards, that indicate how each is performing in comparison to other contractors and highlight areas for improvement. Employ clear metrics to drive improvement.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement internally within Retrofit Baltimore.
- Support and motivate contractors to hire from the Baltimore Center for Green Careers, and provide their workers with family-sustaining wages, benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
- Oversee calendar system for scheduling energy audits onto contractor calendars.
- Supervise the Project Coordinator and develop his/her skills and abilities.
- Work with the Project Coordinator to ensure documentation is collected regularly from partner contractors and entered into the Customer Relationship Management system, Salesforce.
- Compile project information and data for grant reports to funders.
- Invoice partner contractors for labor provided on a fee-for-service basis.
- Calculate Retrofit Baltimore’s positive business, community and environmental impact.
- Improve data collection, processing, and reporting systems to increase efficiency and reduce administrative burden on contractors.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to structure and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal relations skills, and writing skills.
- Strong computer skills and database management skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not a requirement.
- Exceptional personal responsibility for meeting goals and a track record of success.
- Ability to recognize problems, develop innovative solutions and implement them.
- Knowledge and prior experience in the home improvement, energy efficiency, or solar industries a plus, but not a requirement.
Certification courses, healthcare and retirement benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Evie Schwartz, Associate Director of Outreach and Production, at email@example.com and include "Contractor Partnerships Coordinator" in the subject line. Applicants will be hired on a rolling basis.
Civic Works is an equal opportunity employer; LGBT, women, and people of color are encouraged to apply. Civic Works also encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni to apply for this position. Civic Works works to ensure that the commitment to advancing equity is reflected in our workplace practices, program design, and outcomes evaluation.