POSITION: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: COVID-19 Remote/Washington, DC
American Bridge 21st Century PAC, a progressive research and communications organization dedicated to holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions, is hiring a Staff Accountant for its Washington, DC office. This position will report to the organization's Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the daily accounting activities of a group of organizations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the accounting needs of the organization, which involves maintaining the books and records for multiple accounts within QuickBooks;
- Processing full cycle accounts payable – data entry, vendor management and Aged Payables Reporting;
- Assist in maintaining key aspects of vendor relationships as determined by the CFO
- Review and processing of employee expense reimbursements;
- Produce annual 1099 tax forms;
- Preparing bank deposits and postings of donor and foundation contributions;
- Maintain and improve systems surrounding accuracy of data entry to ensure coherence with federal and state election filing requirements;
- Prepare month end reconciliations and account analysis as needed;
- Work with the Comptroller on month end close and various other projects, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have an understanding of non-profit Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (Non-Profit GAAP);
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant academic discipline; or, an associate’s degree plus two years professional non-profit experience;
- Knowledge of financial and automated accounting systems, procedures and relevant software programs and ledger maintenance and reconciliation, spreadsheet analysis and reports generation;
- Strong experience in Excel and the analytical capabilities to generate insights from data;
- Experience and comfort utilizing Google platform for Email, Calendar, Drive, etc.;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing demands;
- Ability to be dynamic and adapt to meet the organization's changing needs;
- High integrity, credibility, and dedication to American Bridge's mission; and
- Enjoy working closely with others of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
American Bridge 21st Century PAC offers a competitive salary, starting at $55,000 for this role, and a strong benefits package. American Bridge 21st Century PAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
American Bridge 21st Century is a union employer. This position is not in the bargaining unit.