49 West 38th Street, 5th Floor
Organized, hard-working professional needed for busy non-profit fundraising and donor engagement role. This position will support programs dedicated to improving opportunities for success for children with social, emotional, and learning challenges. Position is full-time and located in Manhattan, NY.
About this Position
Ramapo for Children is seeking a talented professional who, in collaboration with the Associate Executive Director of Development, will oversee Ramapo’s Individual Giving Pipeline, including, but not limited to:
- Donor Management - Identifying potential donors from existing and new lists; Developing strategy and protocols, and handling face-to-face and phone engagement
- Board of Trustees Engagement – Coordinating quarterly Board meetings and, as needed, committee meetings; Facilitating fundraising activities for Board members.
- Annual Campaigns and Appeals - Developing concepts and copy, and managing the distribution of mailings, e-mailings, and social media campaigns.
- Fundraising Events – Managing Annual Fundraising Gala: overall design, planning, and execution, including creating and managing invite and RSVP lists, securing attendees, assisting honorees and committee with outreach, managing budget, acting as liaison between event coordination company and event committee and internal staff, and overseeing timeline of activities.
- Customer Service & Hospitality – Stewarding our generous donors through their Ramapo journey
· Other duties as assigned.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Superb organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
· Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and data entry skills. Experience using SalesForce or other database systems preferred.
· Adaptable, flexible, and able to work with a wide range of personalities.
· Relevant fundraising experience preferred.
· Interest in, or experience with, similarly focused organizations preferred.
About Ramapo for Children
Founded in 1922, Ramapo for Children works on behalf of young people whose challenging behaviors put them at risk of being relegated to the margins of their families, schools and communities. Ramapo’s philosophy is built around the simple belief that all children want the same things: to learn, to be valued for who they are, and to experience success. Our work is accomplished through four primary programs:
· Camp Ramapo: a residential summer camp in Rhinebeck, NY that serves over 550 children with a range of cognitive disabilities and behavioral challenges. Camp Ramapo also serves as a training ground for over 200 college and graduate students each year.
· The Staff Assistant Experience (SAE): a transition-to-independence program for young adults aged 18 to 25 with social, emotional, or learning challenges. Participants practice vocational and life skills in an inclusive residential community.
· Ramapo Training: a professional development program providing educators, parents, and youth workers with practical tools for managing difficult behaviors and fostering environments that support success.
· Ramapo Retreats: short-term, adventure-based experiences for young people and educators that give participants strategies for successful communication, teamwork, and leadership.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.