247 West 37th Street
JASA is one of New York’s largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults. Our goal is to keep seniors living safely in their own homes and communities with independence, dignity, and joy.
JASA seeks a dynamic and motivated professional to focus on the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors. The Major Gifts Officer is an integral member of the Development team, working closely with the Chief Development Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify major gift prospects and ensure appropriate assignment, cultivation, and solicitation
- Provide accurate and timely management of portfolio, along with developing unique and personal solicitation strategies, both written and direct, throughout the year.
- Enhance and expand Major Donor recognition program
- Identify opportunities to engage volunteers, senior leadership, and the President and CEO in strategic cultivation and solicitation efforts
- Coordinate, manage and lead special donor sponsorship dinners, salons and other Patron and Major Gifts events
- Works closely with the Development Associates to engage mid-level donors and convert this group to major donor status
- Coordinates with the Development Associates to conduct donor research and produce donor profiles
- Contributes to the planning and execution of the Development team’s annual fundraising strategy and strategic plan
- Provides high level support and preparation to the CEO and CDO.
- Draft correspondence and gift acknowledgements; other writing and administrative tasks as required.
- Travel regionally as appropriate to grow and maintain portfolio.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
· Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Track record in building effective relationships leading to charitable support.
- Proven ability to pursue and close multiple five and six-figure gifts.
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence with donor pool, yet interact collaboratively with colleagues participating in and contributing to total team effort.
- Solutions-oriented, collaborative, self-directed, and self-disciplined
- Highly organized, reliable, and able to set and balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of philanthropic vehicles in order to facilitate sophisticated philanthropic conversations
- Experience with research and prospect identification strategies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge
- Minimum five to seven years of progressively responsible development experience in a frontline major donor capacity.
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish Federation system a plus.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSE OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required