Details: Salary is commensurate with education and experience
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Who We Are Seeking to Join Us
We seek mission-driven, full-time professionals with high expectations for children and the willingness to engage in deep reflection and growth. Our staff members are persistent, dedicated professionals, who are team players and have a sense of humor. Teachers at La Cima are passionate about the development, learning and success of all children, and relentless about attaining the best outcomes. We seek educators of high personal integrity and character who are committed to social justice, as we believe that we teach who we are.
Senior Manager of Operations Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated success with collaborative project management in a fast-paced, success-oriented environment and the ability to problem solve and work on solutions in a proactive manner.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships and work with all levels of staff
Senior Manager of Operations Responsibilities:
Communication, Calendar and Schedule Maintenance
- Organize the distribution of parent communications including phone calls, written and broadcasted notifications.
- Work with leadership teams to plan and update staff posts, schedules and coverages, as needed.
- Communicate to staff members at the start of the year and with regular updates on key information about schedules, technology, materials and systems.
- Coordinate planning and maintain calendar for school-wide events including assemblies, special programs, after school, family-teacher conferences, staff development, etc.
- Schedule and lead all required fire and safety drills in conjunction with the co-located partner schools.
- Manage well-organized, effective and engaging lunch and recess programs for all students.
- Participate in (and occasionally lead) a variety of staff development programs, including summer institute, throughout the year with a desire to grow and develop professionally.
- Establish and maintain systems to ensure staff have the supplies, experiences and materials they need to be successful.
- Identify ways to minimize or eliminate waste.
- Manage systems and procedures related to scholar arrival, dismissal and special events.
- Oversee day to day student transportation needs.
- Register bus violations with the company, as needed.
- Manage communication with bus monitors to ensure timely pick up and drop off and communicate delays to parents and the instructional team in a timely way.
- Oversee that maintenance of furniture, locks, bathrooms, copy machines, etc. is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with the Operations Associate(s) to schedule building maintenance (repairs, painting, repairs, etc.).
- Work with school staff to ensure proper closing procedures to maintain building safety.
- Ensure the physical space meets La Cima’s school culture, safety and organizational standards, including:
- Reviewing the space on a regular basis and instituting systems to ensure a strong learning environment is always available to community members.
- Creating and refining systems to ensure staff members have a rapid and appropriate response when building and custodial-related needs arise.
- Planning routines for scheduling, organizing, cleaning and stocking with supplies common areas on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinating signage that promotes school culture and emergency exit signage.
- Serve as a key liaison between La Cima and co-located partner schools, participating in:
- Annual shared space negotiations.
- Monthly Building Council and semi-annual Building Response Team (BRT) meetings.
- Regular communication about building issues among the partner schools.
- Work to ensure that New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) services (including permits, safety agents, transportation, custodial support and food services) are available appropriately on days that La Cima is open but DOE schools are closed and on special days such as field trips and half-days.
Technology & Equipment
- Secure and track all of La Cima’s assets. Ensure the optimal utilization of all equipment.
- Ensure that the school’s copiers are operating at an optimal level and the required maintenance is being received from the copier vendor.
- Manage La Cima’s technology management vendor to ensure that La Cima is receiving the best response times and services as per contract.
Employee Supervision and Development
- Work with the COO/CFO to identify professional development opportunities for the operations team and individual team members.
- Directly manage two operations associates, one full-time school aide, and six part-time school aides.
- Work collaboratively with grade level and school-wide team to develop a culture of learning, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Recognize the importance of living and teaching our core principles every day.
- Consistently model a learning orientation for children and colleagues.
- Perform other duties to support the ongoing development of La Cima, as deemed appropriate by school leadership.
Skills and Characteristics
- At least 3 years of operations experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; charter school experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to La Cima’s mission and educational model.
- Experience managing or working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of the school.
- Willingness and comfort to work autonomously, collaboratively, and/ or under the direction of senior staff, as needed.
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically.
- Flexible and able to work within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Personal qualities of maturity, humility, strong work ethic, professionalism, a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude, and a sense of humor!
The Senior Manager of Operations reports directly to the COO/CFO
Paid Time Off, Family and Medical Leave, Parental Leave, Medical Insurance, Pension (403B Summary Plan) and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English. Fluent in Spanish is a plus!
Minimum Education Required