MPP (Marijuana Policy Project), the foremost cannabis policy reform organization in the United States, is accepting applications for the position of Database Manager. Based out of our D.C. office, this high-impact, high-profile position is ideal for a driven and skillful team player who is motivated by the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of one of today’s most exciting and evolving policy areas.
Being a part of MPP today means positively contributing to causes as diverse as criminal justice reform, patients’ rights, racial justice, civil liberties, and good governance — with outcomes that are touching countless lives and transforming communities devastated by decades of misguided prohibitionist policies.
The Database Manager’s main responsibility is to maintain MPP’s CRM database system and its connected services. Other important tasks include cataloguing and reporting on donation and fundraising statistics, assisting the Development team in fundraising efforts, and building reports and email audiences within the CRM. MPP’s Database Manager primarily works within the Development Department but also performs key duties for all departments in the organization. The Database Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
This position requires high attention to detail and a methodical approach to handling projects. It also requires the ability to self direct and proactively identify issues related to CRM and address them in a timely manner. The ideal applicant would be a flexible, independent worker with the ability to assist with a variety of colleagues while also maintaining high quality data preservation.
● Primary administrator and point of contact for MPP’s CRM needs
● Maintain data hygiene in the CRM per MPP’s data protocols
● Monitor and record incoming donations via all revenue streams
● Create and adjust data recording systems and processes both internal and external to the CRM
● Coordinate with Fundraising Team on campaigns and fundraising tracking
● Produce weekly, monthly, and at-request data reports
● Build and update email audiences for engaging with MPP supporters
● Assist other departments with their data needs
● Manage dual databases: One for MPP and MPPF and one for USCC, an affiliated association with around 100 members
● Knowledge of database systems and procedures
● Competency in Microsoft Excel and GoogleSuite
● Excellent organizational skills and strict attention to detail when working with data, including when performing repetitive data entry or other tasks that require speed, but also accuracy and adherence to database protocols.
● Understanding of database architecture, including data segmentation and queries.
● Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field or 3-5 years experience in a data management role
● The ability to both work cooperatively with others and work independently.
The ability to problem-solve, think critically, and maintain and improve process efficiencies.
MPP (Marijuana Policy Project), the foremost cannabis policy reform organization in the United States, is accepting applications for the position of Database Manager. Based out of our D.C. office, this high-impact, high-profile position is…
The position requires the ability to travel occasionally, work after hours as needed, and flexibility to work some weekends. The position comes with a salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package, including paid time off, health/dental insurance, comp time, and a 401K plan.
The position requires the ability to travel occasionally, work after hours as needed, and flexibility to work some weekends. The position comes with a salary commensurate with…
Application: To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to respond to every one, but will contact applicants we want to invite to interviews. No phone calls please.
Application: To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to respond to every one, but will contact…