665 Pelham Parkway North
The CUCS Assertive Community Treatment Team serves individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness whose needs have not been met by traditional clinic based services. The ACT team provides comprehensive mental health and social service support, helps to obtain and maintain housing, works with individuals to return to a full and satisfying life in the community, and assists with an eventual transition to less intensive services in the community. ACT services are delivered by a multi-disciplinary, mobile, professional team that utilizes a harm reduction approach and assumes total responsibility for case management, rehabilitation, psychiatric and substance use services. The ACT team provides at least 80% of its services in the community, primarily through home visits. The program is located in the North-East Bronx and serves clients living in the Bronx and upper Manhattan.
The RN works as an integral member of the ACT team to help clients function as well as possible, participating in case conferences, assisting in responding to crises, and supporting clients in connecting to outside medical services and specialty care. This position involves mostly field work as well as some clinic-based work.
The responsibilities of the RN on the ACT team are:
- Maintain a medication system and coordinate with pharmacies.
- Monitor and administer medication as prescribed, including intramuscular injections of psychiatric medication.
- Provide health assessments.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Provide treatment under a physician’s orders.
- Supervise staff.
- Possibility of carrying a small caseload of clients with health-related problem.
- Routine monitoring of vitals and blood sugar.
- Participate as member of site management team.
- Take on-call shifts as assigned by program director.
- Licensed in New York State as Registered Nurse (RN)
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid New York State driver’s license required
- Clinical care experience with populations served by program: mental health or community nursing
- Computer literacy required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document. Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE URL PROVIDED TO YOUR BROWSER: