Details: Salary commensurate with experience
40 Aspinwall Avenue
· Manage a portfolio of high net-worth individuals by creating an annual fundraising strategy, transitioning that into a multi-year strategy, and integrating planned giving, and other major gift programs into the strategy where appropriate.
· Within portfolio, establish and maintain strong personal relationships through stewardship, cultivation and solicitation of major donor families and prospects, and partner with BTC’s Executive Director and board members to solicit gifts.
· In partnership with BTC’s Executive Director, integrate strategies to identify and develop planned giving prospects within the portfolio. Successfully close planned gifts annually.
· Work in partnership with Executive Director to build and maintain current donor profiles.
· Develop and meet ambitious goals within the framework of an annual fundraising strategy.
· Collaborate in creation of plans and implementation of special projects and events in support of fundraising priorities. Specifically, the Annual Gala held in March, Annual Appeal, House Parties, Marathon Charity Runners and other events/projects as identified.
· Collaborate with Executive Director in preparing reports for board meetings as well as attend each meeting (5-6 meetings per year).
· Plan and participate in board fundraising committee meetings, working to grow participation.
· Collaborate with Executive Director and other key staff/board members on identification of potential grants and manage the grant application process.
· Dual supervise along with Executive Director the Operations & Finance Administrator
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in development including successful track record of securing five and six figure gifts.
- Experience with major donors, capital campaigns, grant solicitation, annual appeal and fundraising events. Managing diverse constituencies preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing capabilities.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Database Management.
- Ideally proficient in the use of SalesForce.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor.
- Passion for youth development work.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic small organization.
- Strong personal commitment to youth.
- Knowledge of Brookline community a plus.
- Flexibility to work some evenings.
Minimum Education Required