41 Madison Avenue
Smile Train is seeking a driven Business Development professional to join the Corporate Partnerships team. This position will work with the existing team to create new opportunities for Smile Train to engage with corporations, raise funds, build campaigns, create employee engagement opportunities and awareness for Smile Train.
About this role:
Now is a really exciting time to join corporate partnerships at Smile Train. Having secured a number of flagship partners and implemented a strategy to support growth, the team is well positioned to deliver significant income uplift. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and strategically minded business development specialist who can secure the future sustainability of this growth and take our corporate partnerships portfolio to the next level.
Working closely with the Senior Director for Corporate Partnerships this role is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your corporate fundraising career. You will have the autonomy to own and shape your corporate business development strategy, playing a key role in the organization’s growth.
Smile Train is a dynamic, fun place to work that changes the world one smile at a time.
· Prospect and identify opportunities for new partnerships with leading corporations, brands, franchises and start-ups
· Identify, approach and secure long term high value financial partnerships
· Ensure relationships are built at all levels of the company, but especially with key senior corporate contacts to help advance relationships.
· Work with the Senior Director to successfully implement the corporate partnerships strategy
· <img src="//:0" height="1" width="1">Manage existing corporate partners, diversify points of engagement, grow revenue and build strong relationships
· Build strategic stewardship activities and lead new partnership discussions
· Work closely with Smile Train local country representatives to map out global programmatic opportunities
· Lead the negotiation of agreement terms and develop contracts
· Ensure partnership terms are in compliance with Smile Train’s guidelines
· Collaborate with Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts, and Community Fundraising team to leverage multiple assets in an effort to initiate innovative ideas and maximize opportunities
· 5-7 years of experience in corporate fundraising, business development, sales or strategic partnerships role. A mix of corporate and non-profit experience preferred, as is an understanding of corporate fundraising for a charitable organization
· Proven track record generating new revenue and successfully managing partnerships
· Demonstrated experience in a role with financial target accountability
· Experience working with contacts at different levels of Fortune 500 companies, including senior-level decision makers and influencers across business units
· Understanding of all stages of partnership development - from exploratory conversations, strategic proposal development, negotiations and contracting
· Ability to juggle multiple relationship building and partnership development and negotiation with several large, complex companies at one time
· Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Negotiation skills are a plus
· Proven success of making pitches or presentations with the goal to secure new business
· Strong networking skills and a basic understanding of business/ corporate world
· Ability to travel to domestic and international developing country locations
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
· Experience with prospect research, database analysis and management
· Bachelor’s degree
Smile Train offers a very competitive benefits package with health, vision, dental, and 401k with match.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Smile Train is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include Manager, Business Development - Corporate Partnerships in the subject of the email. Local candidates only; relocation assistance is not available at this time. In compliance with the law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.