1120 20th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Reporting to the UK-based Marketing Manager, and providing direct support to the US-based Marketing Manager and the Director of Communications & Marketing, the Marketing Assistant plays a key role in Humentum’s overall marketing efforts, with a focus on digital marketing, content scheduling, and digital asset management. This is a full-time position.
· Create the Weekly Bulletin newsletter, monthly Insider, and weekly targeted emails in Silverpop; pull queries from Salesforce in Silverpop and create content for promotional emails
· Work with the UK-based Marketing Manager on creating, maintaining, and delivering on a content schedule for marketing emails, blogs, and social media related to Humentum’s learning services. Keep content calendar updated.
· Work with the US-based Marketing Manager on creating, maintaining, and delivering on a content schedule for emails, blogs, and social media related to special events, including our annual US-based conference, regional international conferences, and other events. As needed, provide on-site support and live social media.
· Assist in curating content for the blog and internal/external outreach to potential writers; edit content for e-publishing, and occasionally write original content
· Create flyers for trainings, in-house workshops, and other events as needed
· Track analytics monthly on marketing emails through Silverpop; provide monthly social media insights and analytics
· Collect and manage all photos, videos, testimonials, and collateral materials using our photo database, Portfolio, and Salesforce
· Manage one component of overall advertising program, focusing on unpaid advertising platforms.
· Curate content and write the quarterly internal newsletter, Humans of Humentum
· Act as one of the department’s primary proofreaders for both external and internal documents
· Participate in organizational meetings and other special staff initiatives
· Other duties as assigned consistent with the spirit and intent of the position
Qualifications and Desired Experience
Bachelor’s degree required; in communications, marketing, advertising, journalism, or a related field preferred
Strong writing, editing, and communications skill;
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop), Canva, and other design tools
Experience with email marketing platforms, specifically CRM-driven like Silverpop, a plus
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications; experience with Salesforce or other CRMs and Drupal or other CMS a plus
Experience with social media scheduling platforms like Hootsuite, social media analytics and google analytics a plus
Experience with nonprofit organizations preferred
Skills and Attributes
Enthusiasm for social media, email marketing, and marketing analytics
Strong attention to detail – demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, and an ability to monitor own work to ensure quality
Excellent editing and writing skills
Independent problem-solving ability; motivated learner
Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while juggling multiple priorities
Excellent presentation/representation skills
Positive attitude and professional affect required
Humentum is an at-will employer in the District of Columbia. Employment regulations applying to the state of each employee’s job assignment apply. This position is based in Washington, DC and benefits eligible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.