Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove's 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
Clinician Schedule: Monday-Friday Salary: 25.93
- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., a leading Massachusetts human services organization seeks a Per-Diem Clinician to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, mental illness and drug and alcohol dependency.
- The Clinician is mission driven individual, part of the BEST Urgent Care Mobile Team, that provides 24/7 coverage for fast-paced community crisis response in the Boston area.
- The Clinician will assess and coordinate stabilization services for adults and children who are experiencing a psychiatric emergency.
- Services will be delivered at the Urgent Care Center as well as where the client is at.
- We are looking for someone who strives to: Challenge thinking, be different, lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Deliver Services - The Clinician assesses client needs for services and develops a treatment plan that best ensures safety and effective resolution of the crisis at that point in time and until community services can be accessed.
- These services could be extended on-site at the Urgent Care Center, at the person’s home, group homes, detox programs, jails, and outpatient clinic settings.
- Build and Maintain Relationships - Works with community based health, behavioral health and social services that can deliver urgently needed services to the client.
- Facilitates the person’s admission to acute treatment services as needed.
- Ensure a Safe Environment- Effectively work with clients their family members, police, community partners, and the Emergency Services Team in a professional, hopeful, and respectful manner to ensure the client’s safety.
- Provide Staff Coverage - Cover vacations, training's and sick calls for regular staff.
- Independent licensure, LMHC or LICSW Track Record - At least three years experience working in a mental health delivery system with demonstrated assessment and treatment skills in the provision of emergency services for children and adults.
- Licensure -Valid driver’s license.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural preferred.
- Communication and adaptability skills - Demonstrated ability to work in pressured situations and maintain clarity, focus, judgement and compassion.
- crisis intervention - Demonstrated ability to de-escalate crises in a manner that ensures safety for all involved and provides for the best care and welfare of the person in crisis.
- Keywords: healthcare, human services, mental health, psychiatric disabilities, substance abuse, addiction, therapy, recovery, crisis intervention, LICSW, LPHA, managed care, treatment supports, social services, treatment plans, assessments, Social Worker, Social Work, Mental Health Counselor, Mental Health Clinician, Licensed Clinician, Community Mental Health
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove/org/apply/index.cfm?pid=10236.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer