305 7th Avenue
Sheltering Arms is seeking a Senior Accountant. The Primary responsibilities of the Senior Accountant will be Bank Reconciliations, processing various Government claims and reporting. In addition to monthly journal entries and analyze various general ledger accounts.
- Prepare general journal entry on a daily basis for approval by supervisor.
- Process and submit monthly claims for lunch and breakfast programs, and complete annual financial report
- Process and submit various contracted claims monthly, after verifying expenses with GL, and follow up on outstanding receivables.
- Prepare and submit reports for Early Head Start and Head Start; quarterly cash report, semi-annual, annual and final annual SF 425 report.
- Process quarterly draw down for EHS program.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation including any entries for any corrections for approval by supervisor.
- Prepare various accounts receivable accounts analysis quarterly.
- Reconciliation of investment accounts and recording corresponding entries. Prepare investment summary schedule for YE audit, determine the total purchases and sales on investments annually.
- Reconcile Therapeutic Nursery payments, and calculate the child FTE for CFR reporting.
- Assist with both internal and government audits.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- BS/BA in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Four or more years of related work experience
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click on the link: